Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hurting- need to get feelings out

Kristinemarie

• Members
Kristinemarie

Hello Everybody,

A person told me on here that writing will help. I don’t even care if anyone reads it.  I have to get it out.  i am so hurting.  I put my dog down a little over a month ago and never thought it would still be hurting me everyday. I think the emptiness is interferring with my job.  I have severe anxiety and I never realized how much my dog helped me deal.  Work can be overwhelming for me.  I shouldn’t let it.  It is basically the demands. I am a person who needs to be perfect.  That is my downfall plus I lack confidence in myself. When I felt bad about myself I look at mt dog and now he is not there for me.  I hurtso much and not feeling happy.  I want to be happy about xmas coming but feeling depressed.  I have a hard time watching dog comercials or even seeing dogs. I just want to get over my pain.  Maybe it is more han my dog.  I read that research says that loosing a dog is harder than loosing a loved one because of the support you recieved.  People say to me sorry you lost your dog, but that is the extent.  No one says how are you feeling.  Do you need a hug? No one can understand the connection I had but me.  I just wanna be happy again and stress less.  I do see a theripist everyweek.  I have to get this out.  Maybe it will help.  I want to feel me again.  My boyfriend says it is still early and it is ok to feel sad.  Good thing for distractors such as tv.  

Just wanna feel myself again

• Moderators

The surprise to me is not that you're having a hard time with your dog's death, but I would be surprised if someone could survive it intact.  It's a huge loss and it affects your everyday life, it takes much time to adjust and although we do eventually adjust, we continue to miss them as long as we live.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-attachment/201703/my-pet-died-and-i-cant-stop-crying

• Members

Dear Kristinemarie,

i know the first year is the most difficult and for me I am experiencing it.  People go about their normal business and don’t see or feel how one is grieving is feeling.

I am glad you wrote so we can write back to say we understand.  The numbness does fade in time but takes some time.  

Hugs

Dee

Archived