Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Alfie

lynstone60

• Members

Wednesday 5th dec 2018 we lost our 2.5 year old boy Alfie beau.i am heartbroken and can not stop crying.he was killed in our road by a speeding car while we was at work.some very kind neighbours took him to the vet but he was already dead.for this reason we now have him back with us in our garden where he belongs.we have 2 other cats which are helping with the grief slightly. I am beside myself and just don't know what to do I loved him so so much .the house is not the same without him.i keep thinking he must of suffered but the vet said he wouldn't of known anything I really hope this is true  as I can't stand the thought of him hurting .just want our boy back.x

20170310_132636.jpg

• Members

I am so sorry he is so beautiful. I wish I could say something to make you feel better... it's a very tough thing to go through, such a sudden loss. I hope you find some comfort here. 

• Members

What a beautiful looking cat.  I hear so many stories about cats being run over by cars.  People are so thoughtless speeding and not paying attention.  Do they not realise the pain when a poor animal gets killed.  I hope at least these people stopped to see what they did.  I am so so sorry you are going through this.  My heart goes out to you.

• Moderators

Your Alfie is beautiful!  I like the idea of your laying him to rest where he enjoyed much of his life.  A speeding car...already dead at the vet, I'm sure he was stunned when he was hit and would have gone into shock immediately, which would protect him from otherwise feeling the pain.  I lost my Miss Mocha 2 1/2 years ago, never found her body, neighbors never saw/heard anything, she was in great health and loved it here, she never would have left of her own accord (she actually showed up here 10 1/2 years before so she picked me!), so I believe it was an animal that got her by surprise, likely a cougar, something very quick because I was outside all day working in the yard and never heard a thing.  I know from the past that they grab them from behind and the moment they pick them up, they go into shock which protects them from what ensues.  That brings me comfort, somehow, knowing she didn't know what hit her and it would have been over with quickly, much like your Alfie when he was hit by a car.  I'm so sorry, it's very very hard to try to wrap our heads around this, how one day everything is fine and the next, our world has changed so drastically.

It takes time to adjust to the changes in your household, everything seems a trigger because we were so accustomed to interacting with them, we had daily routines with them, things they'd do and now the absence of those things hits us.  Give yourself time and be patient and understanding with yourself as you make your way through this grief.  My heart goes out to you, I know how hard it is, it's a process.  Meanwhile, we're here, listening, caring, we've all been through this loss and know the pain all too well.

I hope the thought of the Rainbow Bridge brings you some comfort as you think of this as a temporary parting...

• Members

Thank you all for your kind words .I haven't stopped crying for 5 days now .my husband is the same .God we loved him so much.As for the speeding car they just carried on driving so I am told .This is the worst pain I have felt in my 60 years .I have had many break ups loss of my dad ,nan many years ago but this pain I feel for my alfie is horrendous and my heart is broken. Yes I am lucky I have him back with us in his garden and I thank the lovely people for taking him to the vets . I know so many on here do not have this comfort and my heart goes out to you all.having him with us as I look out my kitchen window is helping slightly.Thank you for reading my post x

• Members

DearLynstone,

i am truly sorry for your loss of Alfie.  Sending you much love during this difficult time.

Dee

• Moderators

They had to know they hit him.  They have that on their conscience and it won't leave them alone.  I know that doesn't help you any, but they aren't getting off as easy as one might think.

• Members

@lynstone60 I relate to your story and I am so heartbroken for you. My Haiku was also run over by a car and found by a neighbour. The person who did it also just drove away. We saw it on the security footage. It's horrific. My biggest worry was the thought that she suffered and felt very scared, just as you have been feeling about Alfie. It's been almost 2 months now and most people I've spoken to, vets and other pet owners alike, say that it's really unlikely that the suffering was long or prolonged. Alfie is exquisite and so young. It's an absolutely awful thing to have to go through. As you said with your dad, I've lost my mom and found the grief of Haiku more unbearable. The injustice of it makes it even harder. That someone is could alter your life so horrifically and then just drive away. 

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you and your sweet boy, Alfie. 

• Members

Thank you so much for your reply . It's been a week today we buried him in our garden. I can't bear this grief it's like I have never felt so much pain in all my life. My family and friends say to get another kitten ,not to replace Alfie as I could never replace my alfie he was my alfie ,my baby ,.but I feel so empty and I have so much love to give .but I just don't know .people tell me it will help .x

• Members
On 12/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, KayC said:

They had to know they hit him.  They have that on their conscience and it won't leave them alone.  I know that doesn't help you any, but they aren't getting off as easy as one might think.

• Members
On 12/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, Dee rite said:

DearLynstone,

i am truly sorry for your loss of Alfie.  Sending you much love during this difficult time.

Dee

:wub2:

• Moderators

Maybe keep your eye out for another one to love and when you find them, you will know them...pray he'll guide you to just the right one.  (((hugs)))

Archived