Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Both my babies died suddenly

Sorrelfur

• Members

I'm experiencing the single worst pain of my life right now. My heart is a pile of stredded dust. We left to go to town today at 5 and we got home a bit later than usual at 9. My babies were barking liek usual when we left but when we came home my mom went out to get them. She came inside but not with my babies. Immediately my heart started breaking I knew something was wrong. They were dead. They had died within 3 hours. No snake bites, no spider bites. They were on their sides with their legs outstretched. No foam at the mouth, no diarrhea, no vomit or blood. Nothing. They smell like chemicals almost like arsenic and their collars are drenched in the smell. Theres no poison anywhere near them in the yard. Our remaining baby is perfectly fine so far, no smell and energetic as always. I dont know what happened to them and I feel sick to my stomach I'm shaking. It feels like some awful nightmare that I wish I could wake up from. Kiwi was only 1 and a half she had barely had time to make my life the happiest it's ever been. Koko has been with me for 6 years it feels like my heart has been ripped out. If I'd only put them inside before we left maybe they'd still be alive. What happened to my babies. I'm still in shock I cant believe they're gone 

• Members

This is so terrible - I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. My heart goes out to you and I can barely type the words here but pray that I can covey to you that you are not alone experiencing this Loss. I send you my love and ask that you please treat yourself as kindly as you can. Let us know how it goes whenever you feel like sharing, we are here for you, listening. 

• Moderators

@Sorrelfur  OMG, I can only imagine how horrific was this find!  On the news last night there were reports of a whole bunch of dogs dying in a certain area (Eugene OR) and no one knows why, what caused it.  It's horrible.

Have you talked with neighbors?  Maybe place a reward for anyone with information leading to the arrest of whoever did this horrible thing?

I'm so sorry, I know your heart is broken.  I echo Beatriz' wishes, I wish so much I could be of some help to you but alas I know it'll take much time to heal your broken heart.  (((hugs)))  We're here for you.

• Members

Oh this is absolutely horrible.  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  Your heartache is felt and I hope that you find some answers.

please know you are not alone and know we are here for you.

Hugs

Dee

• Members

Oh my gosh this is terrible and it sounds like a crime as you describe it. I know you are in shock, have you considered reporting to police? I am so so sorry for your loss. :( 

• Moderators

I would definitely hope it's been reported.  Anyone who could do this to poor defenseless dogs, they need caught.

Archived