Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my best frient

Bustersmom

• Members

I lost my sweet boy Buster on 11/26/18 and it was unexpected.    My heart feels like its broken in half and i constantly cry all of the time.  I feel like the void can never be filled.  How does everyone cope with the loss?

24177145_10213600563802431_6571138611247933419_n.jpg

• Members

Dear Buster's mom

I am truly sorry for your loss.  This is such a difficult time.

I hope you find that with time the pain subsides.  Mine is still raw and also still aches for my boy that I lost 17 years ago.

This website has been very helpful and I feel very supported from everyone who posts.

sending you a big hug

Dee

please feel free to message if you need to talk

• Moderators

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know the pain and void is tremendous feeling.  I've lost many animals over the years and in my opinion, they can be some of the hardest to get through as the attachment is so great and the interaction daily.  

Be patient and understanding of yourself, it takes much time to adjust as our daily habits are affected and are now triggers, but in time you will adjust to these changes even though you will continue to miss him.  Sometimes it helps to do a memorial of a sort for them, a section of the house or yard done in their memory.  Many of us talk to them or write to them our feelings, it helps to get it out.

I posted a webinar today, so look for that thread, it might be of some help.

• Members

thank you for the kind words.  I know it takes time to ease the pain and it helps talking to people who love their animals like their children.  Luckily i have many family and friends around me that know how i loved my Buster and they totally understand.  It's the times at home alone that are the worst since it was always the 2 of us.  

• Members

Hi there, I am so sorry for your loss of Buster.

I have had cats most of my adult life. My first two got lymphoma and I had a long time to come to grips that they were sick and I was the one who finally decided enough was enough. My last cat we had for 10 years got sick very suddenly and died within hours. I was in shock as I imagine you are as well.

Please come here and read/write if it helps. It helped me. Our cat was our child, even though my husband and I had each other I felt alone often because he didn't want to talk about it as much as I did. And so I pretended to be a lot stronger than I was. We were both pretty depressed for quite a while. It just takes time to accept and move through the grief. It is a process.  

You came to the right place, my heart goes out to you. I know what these first days are like. A pain that is unexpected and incredibly deep.

• Members

What a lovely face your Buster has! I am very sorry for your loss. Like many people here I only wish I had an answer to your question. The pain is devastating and mostly I do not think I could ever cope. But what happens that takes a long while to accept is the huge unasked for and unwanted change their absence brings into our lives - I long for both my cats every single day since they died. The pain subsides (or is somehow incorporated deep into your being) so that we can survive (we do live on with a broken heart) but I do not think we do ever stop missing them, their unique adorable selves. My heart goes out to you.

Archived