Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A year after pet loss

JackieJr07

• Members

Junior its going to be a year on Sunday since your passing and I miss you like crazy I have not stopped crying for you . Whenever someone asks me about you or forgets what happened I still get a knot in my throat and voice quivers and my eyes get watery as I try to hold them in as much as I could. There has not been a day I don't think of you , I have had you in my mind since you departed. I got the tattoo of your portrait as I had promised that I would do you would love it and I know you were with me when I got it done , you saw me brake down in my car after getting it not because of the pain but because it looked sooo good and looked exactly like you . I kept going back and forth about getting another dog you know I loved you and I told you I would not get another but then I felt like I was betraying you so I kept going back and forth . I finally decided to be a mom again and got another dog Im sure you guys have met I know it was you who liked me when rocky licked my tattoo of you !!! Rocky is such a cutie and thank you for sending him to us I know you wanted us to love again specially me because you knew how much I loved you. I'm sorry if this seems like im writing in my personal journal but I just need to vent and say that I miss my dog so much he will always be my first love and im still crying like crazy 

• Members

That is really nice, you loved him so much and it's great that you have adopted another to give him that same love you gave Junior.

• Moderators

@JackieJr07  I'm glad the tattoo turned out so well.  My daughter got a tattoo of her cat Casey's paw print when she died.  I know what you mean about not a day goes by...

I'm also glad you have another dog to love, I can't imagine not having someone to love in my life.  One never replaces another as they're all so unique, but it does give us someone special to love on.

• Members

What a lovely message!!! Brought a tear to my eye for sure... I lost my baby a few months ago and also got a portrait tattoo of him... and also got another dog... with whom I have now finally really bonded with... I know my pappa is always with me as is ur baby and they definitely are the ones who reminded us that we need to continue loving and giving homes to those who don’t have them... sending so much love and light to u!

• Members

So nice. I am well over a year and cried for my cat the other day - I too got a "new" adopted cat. We are all animal lovers here - I don't think many of us can last without an animal and there are so many in need of love and good homes.

The ones we've had never go away though that's for sure. 

Archived