Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my first born daughter.

Kgamz

• Members

I lost my daughter July of 2016. It still feels like yesterday when I got the awful news that she was found dead in her apartment. She laid there for 3 days before we found her, the guilt of that alone kills me. She was 25 and beautiful, had her whole ahead of her. I have two other children a girl 23 and my son is 18. I put on a brave face every day, work full time but I'm just so depressed I know I will never get over this loss I mean how can we? We are not suppose to outlive our kids right? I feel like I was cheated. Her death was suspicious but was ruled by police as accidental overdose even though we know different,so the person that killed her is walking the streets! How do I live with that? I thought it would get easier with time but it doesn't. I'm just lost.. some days I just want to crawl in a hole and not be bothered by anyone and some days I cant wait to join her. I really have no support system or any friends that really understand, unless you lose a child you don't understand fully. I've lost my parents, friends and other family members but nothing can compare to a loss of a child. 

• Members
Mason’s Mom

You are right the loss of a child is the hardest thing we can face. I am so sorry you have no support, I work with a few Mom's that have lost children and their support has been very helpful. They can see my face and know it isn't a good day. You get tired of hearing time heals, we just learn to hide the hurt better most days.

We lost our son and we have two daughters aged 25 and 17,  My oldest is engaged and my youngest is high school senior.  It is hard to help with a wedding and help my youngest prepare for all the things she has going on. I want to be happy for both of them but I have such a HUGE hole in my heart and I am struggling to hold myself upright I feel I am letting them both down.

Try to find a way to honor her and keep her memory alive.  Sometimes it is as simple as small acts of kindness, I was recently outside a store and elderly woman was struggling to get a shopping cart, I helped her get the cart untangled. She said "God Bless YOU"  in tears I told her " I want you to know I lost my son last December, he had such a BIG HEART and would have helped anyone.  I want you know I did this in his honor"  She was touched and I felt that Mason would have been proud of me.

Hope this helps!

• Members

kgamz there are many of us here who also lost a child so understand your pain. How your child passed will lose its importance as time goes by because her loss is all that matters. It must be very difficult for you knowing a guilty person is free to give drugs to others and ruin other lives. Sometimes there is justice served sometimes not and it is not for lack of trying. I think perhaps you have depression and could benefit from some therapy and or medication to help you move on a bit easier and push that sadness into the background a little more. Some people benefit more from therapy/counselling after a year or so when the initial shock and craziness has passed and you are able to talk and listen more effectively, could you look at that? people do not understand how it feels and it can be a lonely process but you are worth recovering from your loss.

• Members

I’m sorry sorry for your loss of ur baby girl I lost my only n oldest daughter Memorial Day 2018 to a head on collision with a 18 wheeler my child’s body was tore up so bad we couldn’t show her at her funeral but I did see her at the funeral home n my child was horrible she left a 6 year old that had jus graduated from kindergarten on that Friday n Monday morning my baby was killed the worst the for the police to knock at my door to tell me that I cry every day I don’t get out of bed, been hospitalized heart rate dropped to low n fainted it’s lik I have to go where my child is but I have to raise her lil girl which keeps me going.

• Members

Tomorrow my baby will be gone 175 days our first thanksgiving with out her Jesus only knows how to get us thru this horrible phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

Archived