Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my beautiful boy

Puddy-Puts mum

• Members
Puddy-Puts mum

My beautiful cat Puddy-Put passed away on Sun 7.10.2018 at 2.52 am, after being with me one month shy of 20 years. He came into my life at 6 weeks old & breathed his last breath lying on my lap, which absolutely broke my heart. I took him 2 the vet 6 weeks ago was told he was showing signs of dementia, but his kidneys were fine & generally he was ok. I cant help but cry for him everyday & feel devestated that i wasnt with him all the time in the last day of his life & hope that he knows i loved him & still do with all my heart. I miss him beyond words

• Moderators

Oh my dear one, I am so sorry, I feel your pain.  20 years is very long life for a Kitty by any standards and it sounds like he just died of old age.  I had a cat with cancer, he was 19 and I put him to sleep because he was in unbearable suffering.  My cat now is 23 and I don't know how that can be but I know she will go any time likely this year.  No matter when it is, it is hard, and it is never enough time.  I'm sure Puddy-Put knew how much you love him and do still.

• Members

Wow, what a wonderful life you had together, I am so so sorry for your loss. I am sure you had an incredible bond, especially that he was with you so close until his last breath - most cats hide away. :( Hope you are doing okay. 

Archived