Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of sibling

Marehs2002

• Members

My brother just passed away on the 18 from a massive heart attack and was buried on my birthday. He was the youngest of us five and I can hardly sleep and when I do, I wake up in tears. He was only 52. I have updated my will, and have had my husband write down all the passcodes. I’m afraid. 

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Marehs2002,

Tears flow for you on the loss of your brother. I lost my brother “B” the night before my birthday. It’s life altering to say the least. Especially when you’re not expecting it. I have now lost half of my family (two brothers and my mom). I find it hard to sleep, and still can’t really believe it. I cry. I do my best to honor their memories and memorialize them. It all seems like it happened so quickly. They were my world and now I feel lost. I too started writing down passcodes once he passed because I didn’t have his and am still trying to figure out so much. Then my mom passed and we couldn’t find her wedding rings. We were in a panic. We’ve since found them, but it makes you think about everything! Continuously searching for answers we’ll never have. Grieving the loss of them and the future’s we won’t have with them. It makes one feel like they are going to lose everyone and everything. It’s painful and I send peaceful thoughts your way. Although I know there is little comfort at this time. Praying for all of us that as time goes bye, that things will give way to focusing more on the beautiful times we’ve had with them. When I feel afraid, I repeat the phrase “I am safe” over and over again. I try and bring myself back into the present moment by choosing something in front of me to focus on or making a call to anyone I can to try and bring myself out of it. Hugs to you. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Archived