Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my loving cat

Eman

• Members

Hi @Eman it is still very early in your grief. I know you are so sad and I am sure you wish you did not have the pain and the guilt, but it just takes time. I don't want to make you depressed but I will tell you I was pretty devastated for some time. I don't think I felt like I was able to accept fully and be at peace until a few months later. Even adopting my "new" cat 4 months later, I was still very sad and thought of my other cat so much. But I was ready too, being without a cat was NOT an option. I just know that you have to be patient with grief. These are complicated emotions and we love them so so much.   

• Members
On 9/5/2018 at 11:10 AM, Beatriz said:

I hope I did not cause you to be confused. I was thinking aloud, sorry. I do not have the answers I’d love to give you but we can try and find them together? The Loss makes us think about important things and wonder - because life ends and it is terribly upsetting and confusing and devastating for those of us who lose loved ones. Yet we are here, talking. This must mean we share some kind of Hope. The wisest people I read from in this forum believe we will meet them again - who I am to doubt it? ❤️

I just lost my fur baby cat zeytin( which means black olive in turkish) two weeks ago suddenly he was hit by a car. I feel so guilty because I would always bring them in before night and that night I called and called but he didn't come. The next morning my brother was going to work and came back knocking on the door and told me he saw a black cat lying in our next door neighbor driveway but was in shock I quickly ran out and saw that it was my beautiful yellow eyed baby I was in hysterics but his body was still warm so we went to the vet and they pronounced him dead. I couldn't think of burying him just wanted to hold him in my arms thinking wishing he would wake up. my children and I are so heart broken he was only 4 and my first cat after getting married and vowing not to get another cat after my last one died as I get so attached and can't function for so long just keep crying and seems like everything reminds me of him. But what gets me so angry is that the idiot who hit him could've taken him to a vet not leave his name and my baby could have been still alive and I wouldn't be feeling so lost without him. I am scared to let my three other cats out now and will be building a outside enclosure can't take this pain again just feel so numb if only I did this earlier.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. Zeytin (what a lovely name you chose for him) was young and healthy - it must be very difficult to process and accept the loss of a young and cherished life by accident and I understand your anger at those who hit him and left. @Nesakars my heart goes out to you - I have experienced the same feeling of being lost without my cats and I know how utterly devastating the pain of losing one adorable life companion and friend can be. You are blessed to have your children and three other cats with you - I pray they will help you get through - it is so good of you that even in your distress you are thinking about building an enclosure outside to protect your other cats. I gather Zeytin is a black cat, like my Preta? 

• Moderators

@Nesakars

I'm so sorry, that had to be a shock. There are no words adequate, it's very hard to lose our furry member of the family, we are so close to them.  I know he will continue to live in your heart and it's my personal belief that we will be with them again when it's our time.  I understand your anger, no excuse for someone to not stop and try to get help.  They have to live with that on their conscience.

• Members

Thank you @Jtc for your support this really kind of you.yes the kittens are doing well and the mother too. @KayC I still dream about Booboom every night :( I always have this dream where I'm looking for a cure for him and hoping he's not going to die :( but suddenly I wake up realising that he has already gone :(

• Members
17 minutes ago, KayC said:

They are ever on our mind.  If only they could be alive and well in our dreams.

I hope he is good now and in a better place and we'll meet again someday . 

Archived