Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I found my 5 year old cat dead outside

ImanicjR

• Members

On friday (31st September) Me and my family have noticed that my cat hasn’t came back home like how she normally does. We was out all day buying stuff in the store etc and normally when we come back she would run up to us and walk back home with us. but this time she didn’t do that. we called her name all night because sometimes when she comes home late we have to call her and she comes back straight away. But she didn’t come back. The next day later. She’s still not here waiting for us in the backgarden. I went outside to call her name but she still didn’t arrive. I thought to myself that i know she will come back. Then, my neighbors dog started barking at the fence so my mother told my brother to go look if sapphire (my cat) has came back home. He went outside to look only to come back in tears. Me and my mom ran outside behind our backgarden to see my cat dead. me and my bursted mother into tears. I just want to know how sapphire died. She was only 5 and i had her since i was 12 (2013) and she was all i ever talked about in middle school and high school. It’s bugging me that i don’t even know what happened to her and i miss her so much. My mom thinks someone killed her and i also think that because sapphire was not ill at all. I just can’t stop crying 

C8C8E067-8141-4DC3-846C-6ADDC9F29D11.jpeg

6C82E5DD-4E32-433E-99E5-BBB27F6B9500.jpeg

DCCAE72E-EA5B-41DF-92D7-7629600EBF80.jpeg

• Moderators

I am so sorry.  I can't imagine someone doing something to her, but it defies explanation, five is young and when she wasn't having problems...

The place you laid her to rest is beautiful and does her honor.  I know she'll live on in your heart.

• Members

True evil if someone did that to your cat I am so sorry. :( Hope you are doing okay, I can only imagine how upset you are.

• Members

So terribly sorry for your loss. I can imagine the shock of finding your lovely Sapphire gone and the anguish of not knowing what happened to her. What a beautiful spot you made for her to rest. I had both my cats buried in the countryside and I have not been able to go there often. My cats were diagnosed and treated and I know what they died from and little difference it makes and no comfort it brings, knowing. I mean you of course want to know, your cat was young and healthy. If somebody did something to cause her death, this person should be held accountable. But then you may never find out and it matters far less than the pain of losing her, something we cannot escape and have to go through, we who loved them so. My heart goes out to you - may you find some comfort in the certainty that you loved her well - a love I am sure she fully acknowledged and reciprocated. We are here for you, you are not alone. 

• Members

Hello, my heart hurts for you. Losing your kitty is so horrible.  She was such a beautiful kitty.  Her heart and soul are in heaven now.  She’s watching down on you.  I hope you find peace within, this forum helps a lot. It’s been about 2 months since I lost my kitty of 15 years. I still cry but I know she is at peace.

Archived