Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm so lost and heartbroken

Jane louise

• Members
Jane louise

Hi all

My beautiful dog was put to rest 14 weeks ago and I just can't get through the pain of losing her. I can't stop crying and missing her and I still can't believe it. I feel so depressed and lost without her. I just don't know how to cope. She was my world. I also lost our caravan we were staying in together until we find a home but now they've both gone. I feel like I don't want to go on anymore. I'm staying in a room surrounded by boxes and I just cry so much. I have no support and I have an anxiety illness.

Thank you for listening.

IMG_20180701_161012_959.jpg

• Members

Dear Jane, I'm so sorry you have to go through this terrible time on your own, We lost our beautiful chocolate boy Ben 5 weeks ago and the pain never seems to lessen. You have been grieving for a long time,  things will get easier eventually but it is a slow process. Remember that your dog loved you so much and would not want you to be so unhappy when she is now at peace and free from pain. Remember you gave her that final gift of love to release her. If you have no one to talk to about this The Blue Cross have a phone number to ring to speak to a counselor, or you can email them  www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-and-pet-loss

I hope your situation soon improves and wish you well for the future

• Members

I'm so so sorry of your dog's passing.  How hard it must be for you to have to mourn and grieve for your dog while having lost your caravan and dealing with anxiety-related issues.  I can't imagine just the stress level you are at right now. 

Please know that even though you may feel alone in your struggles, that you are not alone.  I, too, suffer from anxiety, and just two ago, I had to put my cat down.  I came on this site to be able to be with others who know what I'm going through - the pain, the hurt, the doubts, the loneliness, etc. of losing a family member.  I'm sure you can relate.

So do reach out to me or to others through this website, as all of us here can empathise with you.  And please do write again when you need to.

• Moderators

@Jane louise  I am so sorry, your dog is so beautiful, I know your loss is great.  Going through so much at once, it's got to be terribly hard.  I also have anxiety and that makes it all the harder to cope, I take medicine for it and will be on it for life, but it's a lower dose and just takes a bit of the edge off so I still have anxiety to deal with.

I'm glad you found this site.  Even though we can't "fix" it, it does help to know there are others going through it, that you're not alone in what you're feeling.

• Members

Hi Jane,

Please take baby steps, hour by hour, day by day, week by week. Please be kind to yourself. Good advise that someone on this forum gave to me just the other day. Those words I really needed to hear.

Hoping something positive comes your way very very soon. Anxiety is terrible. I suffer from it as well. Its the enemy that sits on your shoulder whispering horrible things in your ear. Try to fight it off by thinking of your beautiful little girl, who by the way is still with you (in Spirit).

Try to imagine her as your guardian angel, sitting on your other shoulder giving you strength to fight this damn enemy.

She is stronger than he, and wont stop fighting for you, if you let her.

Have faith in her, allow her to do the job she wants to do for you. You are never alone, it just feels that way.

I am talking from experience, as I fight this damn enemy [anxiety) every day. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I hope things improve very quickly for you. 

Please dont give up, you little girl has not given up on you.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss, Jane. Your dog is just beautiful. 

I too understand the anxiety. I suspect our pets take on such importance to us because they are part of our emotional support. I've been dealing with a lot over the past 18 months or so. I would get up in the night, and my darling boy would always sit with me - just listening and keeping me calm.

Please know there are others out here who understand your loss. You are not alone. X

• Members
teresa cummings

Jane, so sorry for the loss of your sweet dog.  She is beautiful.  Like you, I struggle with anxiety and can hardly contain it since my little Biggs passed suddenly on 7/23.  I did not realize what a comfort and support he was til he was gone....so sudden.  So here I am day after day in a house that isn't a home anymore without him.  The loneliness and silence is deafening.  I want the pain to go away.  I miss him so much.  I don't think I'll ever have another dog...….don't think I could survive another loss like this...if I survive this one.  Wish I could be more encouraging, but I'm not in a good place today.  Just know that you are not alone.  I have no support either so I think the pain is  much worse for those of us facing this grief physically alone. It's scary  Hope posting here gives you some comfort.  Big hugs.

Archived