Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my baby chihuahua last Wednesday

Lg07

• Members

I had always been against putting dogs to sleep, but after my chihuahua (Doli), who was my baby and my best friend, got sick again I had to make the terrible choice of doing it. 

Its been 5 days and I feel awful. I can’t stop picturing her little body :(, how she might’ve been scared or sad. I can’t get her image out of my head when we buried her. 

I cant sleep and I’m so sad. I don’t know how this is going to get better. I miss her so much. And I feel like people around me don’t fully understand. 

I know I should be happy she lived for almost 16 years but it hurts so much. 

B0AAF026-EA2D-451F-8610-F0E975F3549D.jpeg

• Moderators

Sometimes putting them to sleep is the kindest thing we can do for them, our parting gift.  You took her pain upon yourself, for now you are carrying it.  You are a good parent, you put her needs ahead of your own.

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/04/pet-loss-guilt-in-wake-of-euthanasia.html

• Members
Jack Russell

I am sorry for your loss. 16 years a long time.  I had my little girl of 16 put to sleep on 19 June due to injuries she received and I had moments where thought I wouldn't survive it but I am here.  There is no way of getting through the pain other than straight  ahead.  We all have to go though it unfortunately.  We each handle it in different ways but just take each day at a time. I too still wonderful if she forgives me but I had no option.  I miss and love her every day.  I have belief  that we will see them again when our time comes.  She knows you loved her.  Love for our precious babies does come with guilt, it is part and parcel because a we loved them so much. Thinking of you x

• Moderators

I definitely think they forgive us, more like they feel there is nothing to forgive.  They know we love them, they know that we do what is best for them and don't want them to suffer.  They are our babies.

• Members
On 8/7/2018 at 6:24 AM, jennyM said:

Sorry for your loss. She must be happy to have a companion like you. May the memories of your precious friend soften your sorrow.

Thank you for you message, I home that she is happy where she is now

• Members
On 8/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, KayC said:

Sometimes putting them to sleep is the kindest thing we can do for them, our parting gift.  You took her pain upon yourself, for now you are carrying it.  You are a good parent, you put her needs ahead of your own.

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/04/pet-loss-guilt-in-wake-of-euthanasia.html

Thank you so much for your message. I cried a lot when I read your take into it, that I took her pain for myself. It has been hard but seeing it that way has helped a little. Thank you And the article helped too.

• Members
On 8/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, Jack Russell said:

I am sorry for your loss. 16 years a long time.  I had my little girl of 16 put to sleep on 19 June due to injuries she received and I had moments where thought I wouldn't survive it but I am here.  There is no way of getting through the pain other than straight  ahead.  We all have to go though it unfortunately.  We each handle it in different ways but just take each day at a time. I too still wonderful if she forgives me but I had no option.  I miss and love her every day.  I have belief  that we will see them again when our time comes.  She knows you loved her.  Love for our precious babies does come with guilt, it is part and parcel because a we loved them so much. Thinking of you x

Thank you for your message and I am sorry for your loss as well. I hope and want to believe that we will see them too. Hopefully it will get easier and the good memories will replace the sense of loss and sadness. I hope you feel better too.

• Members
On 8/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, KayC said:

I definitely think they forgive us, more like they feel there is nothing to forgive.  They know we love them, they know that we do what is best for them and don't want them to suffer.  They are our babies.

I hope that they see it as you say. Makes sense that they do but we wonder so much. Thank you for your message

• Moderators

I totally believe we'll be with them again.  They say we're energy and it doesn't die, just changes form.  We realize we will transition even as they have and that thought gives me hope to look forward.

• Members
On 8/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, KayC said:

I totally believe we'll be with them again.  They say we're energy and it doesn't die, just changes form.  We realize we will transition even as they have and that thought gives me hope to look forward.

This is so beautiful . Thank you for sharing

Archived