Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of dear cat Fritz-he is now at peace

Jtc

• Members

So very sad to hear about Fritz. You fought the good fight and stood by him to the very end. There was so much love there in the way you and your patner looked after him every step of the way and you kindly shared it with us - thank you. I felt I had a lot to learn from the delicacy you handled such a difficult situation and the burden of having him diagnosed as terminal - I still do. It took me a while to come across your posting with sad news I noticed the way you changed the heading to he is now at peace. It took me another while to be able to come here and say I believe you, he is at peace indeed. May you be at peace, too. Your experience with lookng at the grave and feeling his energy restored is most moving. We are never wrong about these things. They are part of the mystery and part of the wonder. I have more than once listened to the following https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/b0bfx4v0 and dare to suggest it to you, hoping you may relate. 

• Members

Tears have filled my eyes reading this. Fritz's passing reminded me of both of cats I had from my college years that both had lymphoma and we had to pick the day for each of them. 

You really can tell when it is time. I am so sorry for your loss of Fritz but glad we could offer you some comfort and also that you got just a little time to process it.  And thank goodness you were both home and around then too. Feels like it was meant to be. Sending you hugs and lots of peace, you are both wonderful kitty people!! 

• Members

I'm so very sorry to take so long to reply to all your kind words in response to my last post back in  September.  It meant the  world to  me at the time and helped me so much in the months after that.  I have lots of happy memories of Fritz.  Writing  my last post on here has also given me the benefit of being able  to read it back myself today, nearly  six months later, and it brought tears to my eyes but also gave me comfort to read all the little details again of how we did our best to comfort Fritz, and it did  seem as  though he did go quite peacefully.

I'm thinking of  you all, how are you getting on?

• Members

Jtc, I am very sorry for your loss. I just read this entire thread, and I thank you for sharing your story with us. Fritz was a warrior, and fought hard to the very end.

Hope you're doing well, and wishing you the very best!

Rest In Peace, Fritz!

• Members

Thankyou so much Jeffrey.  Your words meant so much to us, and  we will treasure them.  we felt  so proud  and  happy to know Fritz. 

I'll reply on your Lady G's thread too.

• Moderators

Glad to hear your update, I know it's hard, it's an ongoing process.  Still missing the ones we've lost.  My granddoggy was attacked by a cougar Thursday night, scared me to learn it!  They took him to a vet, the animal was eating his leg!  He is going to pull through for which I am very thankful.  My son said it was a cub or he would have been dead.

Archived