Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Lost my beautiful Melly

JFournier

• Members

On Saturday we had to put our 16 1/2 yr old Shih Tzu down. That was the hardest day of my life. It is now Tuesday and the tears have not stopped. I have so much anxiety, I miss her so much I cannot stop crying. We donated some of her things to the local SPCA but I kept her best and favourite toys as I cannot bear to give them up at this time even though most are old and ratty. I want this pain to stop. I know in time I will feel better and still miss her but at the moment it is so overwhelming.

Image may contain: text

• Moderators

I am so sorry, I know how painful it is, how hard it is to get through adjustment and even then we miss them no matter how many years go by.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.  I've had a lot of dogs in my life but the oldest was 15, 16 is a very long time, I can imagine how you're feeling.

• Members

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I also know how sad you are. I had a lot of anxiety too. A fearful feeling almost. My world was turned upside down when we lost our cat. He was such a part of our lives everyday, so many rituals. It is a unique pain I don't wish anyone. But when you love and have a bond with an animal like we do, when they pass, we are left to deal with it. I hope coming here has helped. I can assure you that you not alone in your feelings. 

• Members

(((((HUGS)))))...I know your pain and I am so sorry for your loss.

• Members

I’m so sorry for your loss... I had to put my soul baby down a week ago yesterday and I can’t get through it... like in your picture where you say you forgot to tell me how I’m supposed to go on without you... so spot on... I don’t want to wake up in the mornings and this grief is the worst I’ve ever felt. My thoughts are with you and all I can hope is that the spirits of our babies are with us too!!

• Members

Thank you everyone. It has been a tough week but being at work everyday has helped, it gives me something else to think about. It is the routine stuff that is still very hard. I keep thinking that I need to take her out, or not be too loud as to wake her in the morning. The sadness comes in waves but is much better, I try to do stuff when that feeling comes on or sometimes I just give into that feeling and let the tears fall. My heart will be forever a little broken as she took a piece when she left as have others in my life and I know one day that they will return those pieces to me when we meet again and my heart will be whole once more.

I am so sorry that as pet owners we have to go through such pain after such a joyous life with our beautiful fur babies.I feel each and every ones pain, it is an extremely difficult thing to go through. This is a wonderful forum to be able to express what we feel and have no judgement. 

Take care everyone and I hope that we can all find some new normal with our babies gone.

thank you, big hugs

xo

• Moderators

I have lost many pets over my lifetime, I've always had dogs and cats, and with each loss comes unbearable pain.  Very hard to get through.  I guess it's the price for loving.  There is no way to circumvent the grief, the pain, but straight through it, in time it does subside, yet I continue to love and miss them even years later, although the pain is not as acute.

I'm sorry it's been such a tough week for you, I know of nothing harder to get through than loss/grief.  I can only hope and pray it gets easier for you...

• Members

Yes the routine (I call them the rituals) and all the everyday things we do for them when they are gone is just - shocking. Glad you are feeling a little better. It does come in waves, I know that well too! When we open our hearts to our animals and love so deeply we are basically guaranteeing pain as we will lose them... and no matter how many years we get it is never enough. But it is still worth it. Having had them is still worth it.  

• Members

It is almost a month and some days are good others are unbearable and the grief does not want to leave.I miss her dearly, she will always be in my heart, my sweet Melly xoxo

• Moderators

It takes much much time for the pain to fade so that the memories can bring a smile but always it seems the wistfulness is there, wanting to see them.

I'm sorry for your pain.  (((hugs)))

• Members

We laid Melly to rest today in our backyard. it was an emotional day but we made it through it. The problem is I love her resting place but it is finally bringing out my hubbys feelings, which he keeps so buried inside. He loved her dearly, his best friend. xoxox but the sight of her resting place is bringing up so much emotions but it is helping with my depression, where do we go from here\/

• Moderators

I honestly don't know any way but to get through the day, one day at a time.  Let yourself feel the pain, cry the tears, you will grieve, it's all necessary part of the grief.  I'm sorry it's so painful, it really is, in the early days.  I've found we always miss them, continue to love them, but in time the memories that brought pain begin to bring comfort, a smile, as you remember them.  It does take some getting used to.

I'm so sorry...

Archived