Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Friend Will Passed Away

KittytheKat

• Members
KittytheKat

My friend Will passed away recently. He was 15 and died in a car accident. I've been struggling since I found out he passed and I don't know what to do anymore. My mother keeps telling me that I don't have the right to grieve this way, that I didn't know him well enough to hurt so badly from his death. It's like she doesn't care that my friend is dead and I'm never going to get the chance to ask him how his day is again or tell him that he matters to someone, that he matters to me. I'm so crushed and I feel like I can't breathe anymore, I'm starting to feel the walls close in on me. She keeps telling me that I shouldn't go through this experience alone, but then completely abandons my emotions and tells me I don't deserve to feel them. What can I do? How can I cope with this? Is there any way to make it just a little easier?

Kat

• Members

Dear Kat,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is very hard. Please know everything you are feeling is natural and normal.

Grief is a long journey. And he first few months and even years can be hard.

Please know you are not alone. If you want to maybe consider talking to a school counsellor, grief counsellor, pastor or joining a support group in the community. Keep writing and talking about your feelings. It is important to express ourselves. There are also support groups on Facebook and other forums like this one. I personally found these websites helpful:

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method

Take your time to grieve your friend. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived