Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Religious beliefs

TracieWalker

• Members
TracieWalker

Please, will you reply regarding how the death of a close loved one has affected your religious beliefs? I am very confused whether he has left the earthly plane or is around me in spirit. I've never lost anyone I loved that loved me and my beliefs have been shaken. I swing from thinking he's in paradise without any more pain to sensing him with me and even conversing with him, mentally and out loud. I spend 99% of my time thinking of him, either sobbing or searching for photos, videos etc. 

• Members

Dear Tracie,

Please know what you are asking is normal part of the grief journey. I truly feel there is no right way or wrong way to think about this subject. I say believe whatever gives you comfort and peace is the right thought.

Thinking of you.

• Members
A.W. Montgomery

I am sorry for your loss and hope that you will accept my deepest condolences. I hope that you will find comfort in the scripture  Acts 24:15 which says, "And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." God himself says that soon He will bring back to life those that we have lost in death, and we will never have to lose them again (Revelation 21:4). One of the best parts of this promise is that our dead loved ones will be brought back to life here on Earth in a Paradise, where we can enjoy them forever (Psalm 37:29). Please feel free to reply if you want to talk or have questions about the scriptures that are cited.

Archived