Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Are there any professional therapists willing to respond? Because I think I might be a pedophile at 13

Human Qrystal

• Members
Human Qrystal

Please don't get hurt by this. I desperately need help and I'm not doing this to get attention. I have been getting intrusive thoughts about underage children in inappropriate settings. It is obscene. I have no sexual feelings towards it, but I don't seem bothered by it. I felt a bit aroused by the concept of... you know. I need to talk to someone. Please convince me that I'm not a pedophile. All this unnatural/unearthly fetishes are starting to pray on me. This is not a joke GOD HELP ME

• Members
Human Qrystal

I can't speak in detail, because someone might get triggered by it and I don't want the cops on my tail. I PROMISE THAT I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING TO HURT ANY CHILD

• Members

I'm not a mental health professional, but intrusive thoughts like these are somewhat common. Grief can intensify anxiety and aggravate other mental health issues. I recommend you look at some anxiety or OCD information. A quick Google search for "sexual intrusive thoughts" will be helpful.

“Pedophiles actively seek out situations to be alone with children and like those experiences, whereas someone with OCD who has those obsessions will feel extreme guilt and shame. They’ll avoid those situations and feel horrible about themselves just for having the thought.” Source: https://childmind.org/article/ocd-sexual-obsessions/

If you are at risk of harming a child, I'd recommend you seek immediate help, whether that's medical or from someone you trust. Safety is the number one priority. A mental health provider that's familiar with anxiety, OCD, or intrusive thoughts should be understanding and help you with coping mechanisms.

Worrying about the thoughts only makes them worse -- the best thing to do is try to calm down and take your mind off them by doing breathing exercises, going for a walk, taking a shower or bath, etc.

• Members
wiccankitten

the first step to solving any problem is admitting there is one. You've tsken that step. the next one is finding a counselor to talk to. Psychiatrists can prescribe medications that help with sexual issues. I wish you nothing but the best, and congradulate you for wanting help. what you're going through. It takes real maturity to do that, something a lot of adults don't have.