Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Forever 7

4MyM&J

• Members

On Sunday, my 7yo son tragically died. He was 6 hrs away from me (on vacation with his dad, we are separated) when I received the phone call that he had been involved in an accident. My husband and I were half way to my boy, when his father called to say he didn’t make it, that he was gone. It’s been 8 days since I last kissed my son goodbye and heard him say “I love you mom!”. 

I’m struggling. My family and friends have been amazing beyond belief since the accident occurred. But I’m still struggling. I still have this far fetched hope that everything is just a nightmare and that I’ll wake up to my baby’s smiling face. I don’t understand how he could be texting me and then hours later be gone. 

I’m trying so hard to be strong for our younger son, who just doesn’t understand that his big brother, his best friend, won’t be coming home again. But this is so hard. My heart and arms ache to hold him, to run my fingers through his hair, to kiss his warm checks. How do I move on from this? How can I find a new normal, when I want my old normal back so badly? 

• Members
Tommy's mum

4myM&J I am so sorry you lost your sweet little boy it is something so huge that the disbelief and agony are hard to bear. It does seem unreal and we would all give anything to have our old normal back. I lost my 24 year old son in 2015 and I still ache to hug him and stroke his hair smell him and feel his stubble on my face as he kisses me and hear his voice and great belly laugh. It is something a parent should never have to suffer through. We all meet on loss of an adult child by mom of justin. It is at the top of the page with the most posts and views. Please join us there. We are all bereaved parents and understand exactly what you are feeling and going through. It is for anyone who lost a child/children, of any age at any time and allows you to connect with parents who are in the same position of having to adjust without their child. take care

• Members
KJs Mommy Always

4MyM&J,

Im sorry about your loss. I lost my son 3 days after you lost your baby and he was 6 months old. He didn’t die of SIDS and the cause is unknown. I feel ashamed when I think of moving forward in life without my son. What brings me a glimmer of comfort is knowing that my son will always be with me. Always. Your son is always going to be with you, because he’s forever a part of you. I’ve been telling my son since his death that I love him and miss him. Talk to your baby. Its so hard to wake up in the morning, to eat, to sleep, or do anything. I’m a zombie. Are you eating a little and drinking water? You’ll need your strength to help you get through this. 

Archived