Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

• Members

May 7, 2018 my 24 year old daughter, 4 year old grandson, and 2 year old granddaughter were in an accident. There was an alligator crossing I95 in South Carolina. Amber swerved in attempt to miss it, but it was 9 ft long and she hit it anyways. It caused her to lose control of the car, she then hit a tree head on and the car exploded. We lost all 3 of them. I’ve cried more tears than I thought were possible. I’m so broken that I’m not even sure of who I am anymore. One minute I’m doing ok and the next I’m wallowing on the ground sobbing. I don’t understand why things like this happen. I’m angry, I’m hurting, I’m just lost. I’ve always believed that everything happens for a reason... but this I just cannot fathom. 

http://www.wtxl.com/news/florida-mother-kids-killed-in-fiery-i--crash-after/article_6e6cd960-52db-11e8-b0a1-6b646327b1ca.html

• Members
TearsInHeaven

Amy, my heart breaks for you with this tragedy. I know these words get to be just background noise after hearing them so often.  Losing a child and grandchildren no matter what age or what circumstances is the loneliest journey a person takes. Sometimes just being able to speak out can help, and sometimes just listening to the path of others can be a help.  Cry when you need to, I am sure it will come often. There is nothing wrong with that. We think about the "what ifs," as our mind is trying to take in and process what happened. We want so desperately to be able to go back in time and change the outcome.  Sharing your pain can help you process it. Your grief is your own and you will grieve in your own way and your own time. Don’t try to fit a mold or compare to someone else. Grief does not come with instructions. It is up and down, through tunnels and a drop like a roller coaster ride. The most active thread in this forum is Loss of an Adult Child. Please come and join us there.  We have people who have lost their child at various ages and a few of them lost teenagers, some babies and some in early adulthood.  It is an active thread.   Everyone means in that one thread so that no one gets overlooked and everyone know where to go. This has kind compassionate people on here  and recently have had some members who has lost young children as well as those of us who have lost an adult child.  we are all in this together. Don't be afraid to reach out when you are ready.

Here are some instructions to help you find us. The last page listed has the active posts. Currently it is 2546.

Instruct.thumb.JPG.cb31d88c1f9d083919ed79ffd2e58ae6.JPG

• Members
Tommy's mum

amysmith I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter and two grandchildren. To lose three precious much loved lives all at once must be truly devastating. We all meet on the thread Loss of an Adult child by Mom of Justin. It is at the top of the topic page and is the one with the most views. Just post there and we can try and support you. All of us are parents who have lost a child/children so have walked in your shoes and understand when often others cannot. Please join us you are not alone

Archived