Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

COINCIDENCES

via623

• Members

Since my husband died Aug '06 startling coincidences are happening. Stop in your tracks coincidences. I alway immediately think of Pat. Infact, they're happening a few times a week now. There are so many now that I won't write about them here. I have been writing them down so I don't forget them but I don't know what to make of them either. I want to believe they are from Pat & there are certain ones that I'm sure are from him. But I'm not sure if coincidences are considered ADC. Any advice?

• Members

Dear Via623 - I've had lots of communication from my beloved partner, Ishaq, since he crossed over on July 28, 2006.  A lot of dreams, that rare a lot more than dreams, more like astral travel where I am with him and I know my body is asleep elsewhere.  And also things in the physical world as well.  His friends and family also have had these things happen.  

I think that if you feel they are from Pat, then they probably are.  In the beginning I wondered sometimes if I was making it all up, but over time I've realized no, it's true, the body is just a coat we wear, and when we leave it, we change form, but we can still communicate with those still wearing bodies. 

Hope this helps,

Peace and Blessings,

Anna Armaiti

• Members

My dad passed away about 3 weeks ago,  and I have had several things show up in odd places that I am positive were a little something from my dad.  I have not had a dream about him yet,  but feel his love and presence around me VERY strongly.  I have had dreams from others who have passed,  including pets,  so feel that Dad will come around someday!

I found myself playing his role during the week of his funeral.........though I am the youngest of 3,  my older sister and brother leaned on me heavily and I felt my dad coming through me with his strength as he  was the rock in our family that we could always count on.  I have some rougher days since coming home,  but always feel him with me.  Jen

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

• Members

I have had several things happen after my daughter passed, which started the evening of the day she passed.....she was in the butterfly room at the hospice house.......never saw one butterfly at all since I moved to where I live now in 2008......now I see butterflies all the time.....it's calmed down but we saw lots daily...now maybe every few days.......I was in a supermarket the evening of the day she passed...walked through the bakery...there were cupcakes with butterflies on them.,.......she loved Hannah Montana the show....next day in the same store.......cupcakes that had the butterflies and ones with Hannah Montana on them right next to each other.............I was driving to the bank in my car....in front of me was a car with the license plate DI TURN 1 we called my daughter DI (short for Dianne)

At hospice my daughter kept opening her eyes..and my husband and daughters dad both said they thought of Aerosmith's song "Don't Wanna Close My Eyes" ......the day after she passed away we were at my sisters house having chinese food for supper.......the country version of that Aerosmith song came on the radio....and even more, my husband openbed his fortune cookie and the fortune in it said "Look Closely At Your Surroundings"........ My daughters aunt is getting a dog she adopted from the pound........the dogs name is Butterfly....it was already the dogs name...she didn't name it and didn't know that was it's name until after she adopted the dog........

My daughters dad had a dream a couple of weeks ago annd called me......he dreamt that our daughter came to him and said "Daddy, I'm Ok"......he said it woke him out of a sound sleep and he actually thought someone was in his house , and he was alone............so I know lots of people think it's nonsense or "crazy" but I have always believed our loved ones are around us and watch over us......I truly truly believe it now without question after seeing and hearing what I mentioned......I wasn't sure before...but thought it was true more than I didn't .....but now I really really believe it....... I haven't had any dreams or heard anything.....yet anyway...I would love to! My daughter was severly disabled and couldn't speak due to her medical condition and she had a trach, so she did make sounds and things when she was smaller until she got her trach.....also her nurses and other people who knew us all had dreams of her a couple of weeks before she passed away before she even got sick.....one of her nurses had a dream she came in and my daughter was sitting on the floor watching tv and was perfectly normal.......so was that her trying to give a heads up of what was coming????? Maybe so.......we'll never know......I would love to have a dream or visit from her just to see her one more time and tell her how much I love her & miss her..........she affected many people who came into our llife in a way I can't explain......and everyone always said the samew thing..."there's just something about her, I don't know what it is".......and in her memorial slideshow because of that...I picked the song "She's Got A Way" by Billy Joel....the Michael Cavanaugh version...I llove that one more than Billy Joels version..............so....whatever happens after we pass I truly hope there is life beyond in another way because I want to see my daughter again or at least know she is around and ok........... I think it would bring comfort and a sense of calmness knowing that.......

• Members

I don't know what to think about things like this, but I hear stories all the time like this. It sounds to me like the butterflies are no mere coincidence. And, the dog named Butterfly? Wow.

Your husband's dream also sounds like a message. I know people who have dreams. I absolutely believe in dreams.

I am very sorry about your daughter. Welcome to our forums. Come back as often as you'd like.

ModKonnie

• Members

I don't know what to think about things like this, but I hear stories all the time like this. It sounds to me like the butterflies are no mere coincidence. And, the dog named Butterfly? Wow.

Your husband's dream also sounds like a message. I know people who have dreams. I absolutely believe in dreams.

I am very sorry about your daughter. Welcome to our forums. Come back as often as you'd like.

ModKonnie

Thanks Konnie.....I know.....the dog name really surprised me because I was under the impression that her aunt named it butterfly after she adopted it, but that was not the case after I talked to my daughters dad, he told me AFTER his aunt got the dog that the place told her the dog's name.....that gave me chills......what are the chances of that? ........it's very odd for that...what are the chances???? I kept saying that everyone who has had a loved one pass in that room probably goes through this or a similar thing......if it was a room with cats or birds....maybe it would be the same.....but I can feel it...I can't explain it ....but I know it's her..........I always heard people taslk about this stuff, but it doesn't do it justice until you are actually experiencing it like we have been......so it makes us feel & know that there is definetly signs of her being around.........it gives us comfort and is probably definetly helping us get through this....... :=)

• Members

Thanks Konnie.....I know.....the dog name really surprised me because I was under the impression that her aunt named it butterfly after she adopted it, but that was not the case after I talked to my daughters dad, he told me AFTER his aunt got the dog that the place told her the dog's name.....that gave me chills......what are the chances of that? ........it's very odd for that...what are the chances???? I kept saying that everyone who has had a loved one pass in that room probably goes through this or a similar thing......if it was a room with cats or birds....maybe it would be the same.....but I can feel it...I can't explain it ....but I know it's her..........I always heard people taslk about this stuff, but it doesn't do it justice until you are actually experiencing it like we have been......so it makes us feel & know that there is definetly signs of her being around.........it gives us comfort and is probably definetly helping us get through this....... :=)

Yes, she probably is. And you are right, until you experience it, nothing is quite the same, is it? I am glad you are finding some measure of comfort as you travel your grief journey. Have you told us the story of your Dianne? If not, we'd love to hear it when you are ready. If so, I am sorry, I must have missed it and I need to go find it and reread it.

ModKonnie

• Members

Yes, she probably is. And you are right, until you experience it, nothing is quite the same, is it? I am glad you are finding some measure of comfort as you travel your grief journey. Have you told us the story of your Dianne? If not, we'd love to hear it when you are ready. If so, I am sorry, I must have missed it and I need to go find it and reread it.

ModKonnie

I haven't posted in quite a while...but I do come on here quite often just reading the posts in different forums......just going day by day is all we can do......

I had a few more coincidences happen....not as often as before but little things.......Me & my husband sit on our porch quite often in the morning having our coffee...and several times I have been thinking about Di...and a few times all of a sudden a song would come on the radio that we had in her memorial slideshow.....it's usually two songs if it happens.....My Girl or If I Die Young we had those in her slideshow we used at her memorial ....

Then just today I was working with my husband doing photos for our business.....and I went to straighten out the pile and happened to pick a photo up & turn it over.......it had July 5, 1989 on the back written......my daughters birthday is that date....I actually called my husband to come & look...... It was weird because it was a photo that was the 4th in, not the next one I was picking up ......I actually froze for a minute and just stared at it.........I was actually more happy then sad to see that.......it's very strange how certain things affect us one way or another.......

• Members

I haven't posted in quite a while...but I do come on here quite often just reading the posts in different forums......just going day by day is all we can do......

I had a few more coincidences happen....not as often as before but little things.......Me & my husband sit on our porch quite often in the morning having our coffee...and several times I have been thinking about Di...and a few times all of a sudden a song would come on the radio that we had in her memorial slideshow.....it's usually two songs if it happens.....My Girl or If I Die Young we had those in her slideshow we used at her memorial ....

Then just today I was working with my husband doing photos for our business.....and I went to straighten out the pile and happened to pick a photo up & turn it over.......it had July 5, 1989 on the back written......my daughters birthday is that date....I actually called my husband to come & look...... It was weird because it was a photo that was the 4th in, not the next one I was picking up ......I actually froze for a minute and just stared at it.........I was actually more happy then sad to see that.......it's very strange how certain things affect us one way or another.......

Yes, but isn't it somehow comforting in a way, too?

ModKonnie

• Members

Yes, but isn't it somehow comforting in a way, too?

ModKonnie

yes it sure is! Absolutely! :=)

Archived