Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

In honor of my Samwise

cetiya

• Members

Sam died a few years ago, but every now and then i like to post this, it makes some people smile and its my way of remembering him. my heart still aches from the loss of my heart and soul.

Oh Sammerdam, as of right now you are still alive, but anyday now, even today, you could leave me all alone in this world.

You were named for Sam from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Frodo’s faithful companion. You have been my companion every single day since.

My first memory of you was when I brought you home and I wasn’t used to sleeping with an animal. So when you jumped on the bed, I sprayed your face with a squirt gun and tossed you back on the floor. You jumped back on the bed. I squirted you again and tossed you back on the floor. You jumped back on the bed. Finally, after a few minutes of that, you jumped on the bed soaking wet, this tiny kitten determined to be close to me. I gave up and you have slept with me for 21 years. Once you got up, you started nursing on the collar of my pj’s and continued doing that for several years.

Another cute memory I have is when you used to attack my eyeballs!! I’d be on the verge of sleep and bam! Bam! two little paws on each eyeball. Someone suggested to me that it was because my eyes were twitching just before I fell asleep and you were responding to that. Thank God you stopped, or I’d be blind by now!

You were not a sweet, good-natured cat, no, far from it. You were high energy and very cranky. I have permanent scars on my body from our disagreements! You would never allow anyone to touch you, anyone who tried to pet you would leave bleeding. Only mommy was allowed to touch you, and why not? You had too much dignity and didn’t want just anyone touching you. All my friends were afraid of you!

I was always sad that I never met my soul mate, never could live with a man, never had children. It has taken me 21 years to understand that noone ever said my soul mate had to be human. I was so lucky to have you as long as anyone can have a cat, you were determined to be there for me as long as you could. I look at you and cry bitter tears because I can’t stand the thought that any minute now, you will leave me and our great love affair will be over.

You were my first cat. I didn’t know cats could be so sweet, you never were! A lot of people were amazed that I kept you all those years, not a lot of people would put up with a cat that was slightly psycho! Your saving grace was that you loved me, and I always knew that. Today we sit close together, I hold you and cry and tell you I love you a hundred times. I thank God for every minute we have together, I know our minutes together are almost over for this lifetime.

I love you Sammer Dammer with all my heart and soul and I hope there really is life after death so I can see you again. Good-bye my sweet boy, please die peacefully and rest in peace. I love you forever.

he died at home in my arms a couple months later. i still miss him.

• Members

Sam died a few years ago, but every now and then i like to post this, it makes some people smile and its my way of remembering him. my heart still aches from the loss of my heart and soul.

Oh Sammerdam, as of right now you are still alive, but anyday now, even today, you could leave me all alone in this world.

You were named for Sam from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Frodo’s faithful companion. You have been my companion every single day since.

My first memory of you was when I brought you home and I wasn’t used to sleeping with an animal. So when you jumped on the bed, I sprayed your face with a squirt gun and tossed you back on the floor. You jumped back on the bed. I squirted you again and tossed you back on the floor. You jumped back on the bed. Finally, after a few minutes of that, you jumped on the bed soaking wet, this tiny kitten determined to be close to me. I gave up and you have slept with me for 21 years. Once you got up, you started nursing on the collar of my pj’s and continued doing that for several years.

Another cute memory I have is when you used to attack my eyeballs!! I’d be on the verge of sleep and bam! Bam! two little paws on each eyeball. Someone suggested to me that it was because my eyes were twitching just before I fell asleep and you were responding to that. Thank God you stopped, or I’d be blind by now!

You were not a sweet, good-natured cat, no, far from it. You were high energy and very cranky. I have permanent scars on my body from our disagreements! You would never allow anyone to touch you, anyone who tried to pet you would leave bleeding. Only mommy was allowed to touch you, and why not? You had too much dignity and didn’t want just anyone touching you. All my friends were afraid of you!

I was always sad that I never met my soul mate, never could live with a man, never had children. It has taken me 21 years to understand that noone ever said my soul mate had to be human. I was so lucky to have you as long as anyone can have a cat, you were determined to be there for me as long as you could. I look at you and cry bitter tears because I can’t stand the thought that any minute now, you will leave me and our great love affair will be over.

You were my first cat. I didn’t know cats could be so sweet, you never were! A lot of people were amazed that I kept you all those years, not a lot of people would put up with a cat that was slightly psycho! Your saving grace was that you loved me, and I always knew that. Today we sit close together, I hold you and cry and tell you I love you a hundred times. I thank God for every minute we have together, I know our minutes together are almost over for this lifetime.

I love you Sammer Dammer with all my heart and soul and I hope there really is life after death so I can see you again. Good-bye my sweet boy, please die peacefully and rest in peace. I love you forever.

he died at home in my arms a couple months later. i still miss him.

AWWWWW. That was great. I had to laugh out loud at the description of the "get off the bed" story. How I know that well.

My Emmy was a mean cat. No one could get near her either, yet she couldn't stay out of my lap, off my keyboard, off my book that I was trying to read. She slept right on my pillow for 15 years. If I dared to disturb her, she would growl and swat me in the middle of the night. Hahahahaha. Sammy sounds like a perfect cat, just like my Emmy.

So did another cat friend eventually find you or are you alone now?

ModKonnie

• Members

i have a couple of kitties left, but they are old, 13 and 10. its funny, as much as i love my kitties, Sam was the one i loved the most. my boy kitty now, even though he is 10, is still my little boy, my prince. Sam was the king. he truely felt he was my man. i have a picture of my boyfriend sleeping at the foot of the bed, and sam sleeping at the head of the bed. how i miss him.

• Members

i have a couple of kitties left, but they are old, 13 and 10. its funny, as much as i love my kitties, Sam was the one i loved the most. my boy kitty now, even though he is 10, is still my little boy, my prince. Sam was the king. he truely felt he was my man. i have a picture of my boyfriend sleeping at the foot of the bed, and sam sleeping at the head of the bed. how i miss him.

Yes, I know what you are saying. I have four cats now, but Emmy was a true friend when I needed one.

ModKonnie

• Members

i had a visitation dream about a year ago, it was so special. sammer came to me, and i ran to him, saying, sammer! i love you, i miss you, over and over again. when he was alive, we would rub our faces together, so we did that too in the dream. i just kept telling him how much i missed him and i loved him. then he slowly turned into my boy cat i have now and disappeared. i think that was his way of saying, i have to go, you have bones to love now.

Archived