Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It’s pouring down rain and appropriate...

Nicole-my grief journey

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

It’s pouring down rain tonight. Appropriate for what I’m feeling. So much loss. On so many levels. It just keeps happening. It’s unbelievable. I’ve lost two brothers. 7 friends in 1 year to overdoses. And my mother is in critical condition. So much fear and worry about my mother and layered, accumulated grief, complicated grief, anticipatory grief and ptsd all in one. Support system missing and I’m across the country away from my therapist and all of my belongings and my other life that took a couple decades to build. Doing my best to cope. People say I’m strong and feel ai’m just fighting to survive in the only way I know how. Instinctually. Trying everything I’ve learned over the years in therapy and group meetings for grief, cancer support groups, Alanon and life experiences. It’s just that...I’m exhausted and running on empty today. Broken over friends death last night and spending all my waking hours at the hospital praying my mom will survive. Hurting.

• Members

Dear Nicole,

I'm so sorry I did not respond sooner.

Thinking of you, my friend. Sending you love and hugs.

I know you've been through so much. Life is so hard. Please know you don't always have to be the brave and strong one, and its okay to lean on others. Please know we are here with you.

With all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Reader you are an amazing support and I am grateful that you responded. You are helping so many of us on here and I hope that you receive all that love and support that you give out back in spades. Love and prayers to you too. I am releasing a lot of the emotions and will continue to. Thank you 

Archived