Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my lab its almost 3 days since he was gone please help

liezllyrhinz@yahoo.com

• Members
liezllyrhinz@yahoo.com

Hello can someone help me ease this pain...I have lost my dog he was more than 5 years old my brother has forgotten to lock the gate and unfortunately Storm went outside and never return home until now. I got rumors that he was hit by a car and he took his last breath without me on his side.. someone took his dead body and I'm still searching for him in the entire neighborhood hoping he was still alive. I am also not ready to accept the thought of him having hit by that car. I am blaming myself for not giving attention when he bark during the time he got loose outside but I never entertain it because I thought he was just playing around with my other dogs. I also blame others for being so irresponsible and I feel guilty for all the times I got so busy with my work and never have enough time to play with him. I don't know how to move on, I feel like that if I get so busy with other stuff he might be upset because I just easily move on with my life without him. I miss him so much I still want to look for him even if his dead or alive I want him back and if his lifeless at least I can give him a formal burial. Should I stop looking for him and accept the thought of him being dead by now? or should i try my best to look everywhere and hope that maybe he is still alive. How can i face each day bearing this pain...how can i get rid of this mix feelings that I don't want to feel in the first place, the  feeling of guilt, denial and even angry at the same time is a great burden for me.. 

• Members

I would still keep looking for him, perhaps put up flyers of him asking if anyone knows anything. If your feeling guilt now you, which is part and parcel of grief then you will add this extra burden of guilt. Of course it's painful we are the ones responsible for their well being. Be kind to yourself, we all have to work and do other things you cant see everything all of the time.  It happened. All the best to you.

• Moderators

@Jack Russell This person hasn't been here since that first post, which posted in duplicate...the other one is the one that got the responses, which we don't know if she read because she didn't acknowledge them or reply.  Hasn't been back here.

Archived