Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Signs from loved ones

Allyson

• Members

I lost my fiance two months ago and havent really heard anything from him. I would love to hear some stories of people receiving signs. What was it? How did you know it was from them? How long after you lost them did you get it? Please share! 

• Members

I lost my son last year.  I have had many signs that he is sending me messages.  One sign is feathers.  The day after he died my backyard was covered in white  feathers. There was no sign of a bird being killed or anything.  Just feathers.  I didn't know at the time but I kept finding feathers so I looked up the meaning and it means that a loved one who has passed on is trying to contact you.  There's even a famous saying, "When feathers appear angels are near." I found so many feathers that I started to collet them.  I have three huge bags that I found over the summer.  Last week I found 5 yellow feathers on the same day while walking the dog.  They were laying right in the middle of the sidewalk.  I found one every day since.  Very unlikely that this would happen for no reason.  I had asked him for a sign that I was doing the right thing for his little boy that we also lost after his death due to his mom not wanting him to visit us anymore.  We decided to go to court for grandparents rights and I asked him to send me a sign that I was doing the right thing.  Then I found the yellow feathers.  I have had many more signs from music (lyrics) in songs, stones, doves that appear, as well as other birds and animals. I will tell you this.  You have to be open for communication and you have to ask your loved one for it. Then wait and see what happens.  I won't share more until I hear from you.  I see you posted this in May.  

• Members
mariesgirl1953

I have also found a feather lying on the street a few months back. I asked from a sign from my mam and then a few days later i found it - a white feather. I will post a pic in a few minutes, I keep it in my purse constantly. I am on my laptop now and dont have many photos on it - not like my phone, I have thousands of pictures of my mam in a folder in my phone, some edits that i have made myself i will also post some of them xx :wub:

I also have had a few dreams of my mam - not always but i do, and when i do i always know that she is visiting me and it comforts me alot. I love and miss you forever + always mam xoxox

• Members

I am still finding feathers.  In one day I found 35 of them.  My son was 35 when he died.  My family members are worried about me because I feel a connection to my son when I find a feather.  But it always comforts me.  My ex told me yesterday that no one really knows if there even is a heaven.  That totally upset me.  I've regressed in my grief journey because of it.  I find I am missing my son more and asking the same old questions of whey did he have to die and how did he die. etc. etc.  There can be many more signs that your loved one is trying to reach out to you.  Look it up online.  I have been contacted by almost every means but one that are listed.  Just google signs that you are being contacted by a deceased loved one.

• Members

Thank you Bob's Mom.

I know how much those signs mean. I'm glad you are finding feathers and this gives you comfort. We all have to take comfort where we can.

Thinking of you.

• Members

Thank you Bobs mom. My son was 36 when he died 1 year ago from a heroin overdose.  Please follow your heart with the signs of feathers. It’s beautiful!  Please allow it to bring you peace.   My signs are birds. I always say.   Thank you nick for being near me today. I love you son.      Our road is difficult. The signs warm our hearts.   Wishing you peace

• Members

I got a sign yesterday from my husband which I could not ignore.  His car has been parked across the street from our home and yesterday morning I was walking the dog on our side of the road.  Got to the end of the street and crossed the road to walk back up towards our home.  Just as I came up to his car, the yellow blink lights started blinking away and clicking.  At first I thought there was an issue with the car so I dropped the dog off at home came back out with his car fob and saw that the blinking had stopped.  I checked on the car a little later and nothing was blinking.  I am convinced it was my husband letting me know I would be okay, as I had had a terrible time during the weekend, missing him and crying in the depths of despair.  I asked him to send me a sign and this is what I received.  I love him so much.  I wish he continues to send me signs.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

From what I hear, night visits aren't dreams.  They are very vivid, powerful, and realistic.  They say that signs are not coincidental.  If you find a feather on your porch, a penny,  etc., it doesn't really tell you anything.  With a sign there is a "bridge" from what you see to something that strongly associates it with a certain person.

• Members

Dear Friends,

Its been two years and I am still looking for signs. A blinking light bulb, chirping birds...do they continue forever or just a short time?

Its been two years and I fear there are no more signs.

• Members

It's approaching two years for me as well since my son died.  My signs seem to be diminishing, but they are there.  You have to look harder and ask your loved one for a sign.  I spent one hour of my grief counseling time discussing why I'm not getting signs from my son.  As soon as I left an announcement came on the car radio stating my name and saying," this song is for you, I know you are listening." The song was definitely a message from my son.  I went home and listened to the lyrics again and I was convinced it was absolutely a message.  I was upset on my birthday that there was no sign from him.  The morning after my birthday I went to walk the dog and laying at the end of the driveway was a stone shaped like a star.  It was in a grassy area where there were no stones, or if there were I would have noticed it before.  I believe it was a sign.  So keep looking and thinking about what you see and hear.  Ask your loved one to send you a sign and you will get one.  It may not be that day, but it will come.

• Members

Dear Bob's Mom,

Thank you for your kindness and sharing your signs with me.

I'm going to keep asking and looking. See what happens.

Thank you again for your reply.

• Members

I have had a few signs. I heard one of his action figures fall over but  when I looked they were still all in place, the other night one of the posters that he hung on the wall fall off the wall yet this has been hanging up for years and years. Also the cd turner that holds his cds moved on its own. I just lost my husband 3 weeks ago. I am hoping for more signs that he is still here.

My husbands grandfather only got one sign from grandma that he mentioned to me. When she was very sick in the hospital he told her that she would be coming home one way or another. She died shortly after that. From that night on until the day he bought her ashes home a week after the funeral  the musical teddy bear that she had beside the bed in her bedroom kept going off at the exact time she died. The day grandpa bought her ashes home the teddy bear hasn't gone off since. He looked at teddy bear one day and there was no batteries in it. He remembers that he had taken the batteries out weeks before grandma died because she would play with it often and it was really loud.  He may have gotten more signs that he hasn't mentioned to me (I would like to believe he has) 

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is so hard to deal with especially in the current situation where it's impossible to get out and try to get your mind off of your grief.  I do seem to get less signs now, it's been over two years since my son died.  He usually contacts me through feathers or other nature signs.  He loved the outdoors so I am not surprised he chooses feathers and rocks and birds. .  He was a musician so music is another way he contacts me. I was upset last week because he hadn't left feathers for me in so long. Suddenly while I was walking my dog I had a vision of his face very clearly and I said to him, "I guess you're not going to leave feathers for me anymore."  Then about 10 steps in front of me I found 8 feathers!!  No one would believe it unless they experience it.  

The story of your grandfather is beautiful too.  I'm sure you will get more signs from your husband, you just have to be open for it.  Let me know.  I love to hear of other peoples signs.

• Members

"Suddenly while I was walking my dog I had a vision of his face very clearly and I said to him, "I guess you're not going to leave feathers for me anymore."  Then about 10 steps in front of me I found 8 feathers!! "

That's beautiful!!! :)

Archived