Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my Grandmother

bloggergurl

• Members
bloggergurl

Losing a family friend is hard, especially when you've never lost anyone close to you. I honestly lost myself for a while. I didn't know how to feel. I felt bad for smiling, knowing my grandmother was on her death bed like it felt wrong to be happy. She unfortunately lost her battle to cancer and it was hard to cope. It's been over a month and it's still hard. When I was younger, I would resort to writing, but that wouldn't help because I didn't get to talk about it with other people. So I decided to create a blog about my life and talk about how I've been dealing with losing my grandma. It's hard to talk about it with friends because you don't want to turn into a debby downer and eventually they'll stop inviting you places because of what you're going through. I guess it's just easier to talk to strangers because you don't have to see them on a daily basis. If you've lost someone, it's okay to cry, I still do and it's almost been over a month. It's okay to miss them, I still miss her. It's okay to feel what you're feeling, but it's also okay to laugh, smile and be happy because they're not gone forever they live on in your heart. 

If anyone wants to check out my blog I talk a little more about what I was going through. https://secretbloggurlz.wixsite.com/website

• Members

Dear bloggergurl,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved grandmother. It is incredibly hard to cope with grief. The sorrow and pain can be overwhelming. I'm glad you have started this blog as a way to express yourself freely and to seek out more supports. I think that is very brave of you.

Take care of yourself. Thank you for sharing the link with us.

Thinking of you.

• Members

I appreciate your advice to other people.  I lost my grandmother in January 2017.  I still cry at times but also smile and laugh and look and feel the good of the world.  It is easier to talk to strangers... you do not see them daily as you say... you don't see them at all.  thanks for sharing.  I am sorry for your loss.  Grandmothers are special people.

Archived