Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i miss my dad

hayleyy

• Members

This is my second time posting .. so im fairly new to this . I lost my dad last thursday & it feels like months have gone by.. why does it still feel like a dream ? why does time go by slower ? will it always be like this ? My dad and i were so very close... i just still dont want to accept the fact that hes gone. I even already saw him and gave my last words and hugs goodbye.. and i even went to the service. & it still feels like a dream ! People say that it gets better but its getting harder day by day it seems like. Does it really get better or do they just say that ?

& the creepy thing is that , i turned 15 on August 16th this year, My dad had me when he was 15 years old. He died on the 16th of September ( a month after my bday ) while im 15. ( died a month after i turned 15 ) . was it ment to happen ? do you think everyone has a date to die ? I wish i could hug him again.. hear him tell me he loves me or give me signs that hes watching over me.. something ! This sucks. I really wish this was all a dream that i could wake up from.

• Members

Hey I'm really new to this too. Like I literally just got it five minutes ago. Anyway, I lost my dad too. Six months ago actually and I'm 14. We were very close too and I miss him every single day. I don't really talk about it because I can't use words to describe to people how I feel. To answer your question, yes it does get better as time goes on. Not necessarily easier, but I find myself not being sad about him every spare moment I have now. Yes, I think about it everyday and night but the thought of him being gone now doesn't make me want bawl my eyes out every time I think about it now. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. You'll have good days and bad ones. I guess I'm just trying to get through it.

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle

Hey I'm really new to this too. Like I literally just got it five minutes ago. Anyway, I lost my dad too. Six months ago actually and I'm 14. We were very close too and I miss him every single day. I don't really talk about it because I can't use words to describe to people how I feel. To answer your question, yes it does get better as time goes on. Not necessarily easier, but I find myself not being sad about him every spare moment I have now. Yes, I think about it everyday and night but the thought of him being gone now doesn't make me want bawl my eyes out every time I think about it now. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. You'll have good days and bad ones. I guess I'm just trying to get through it.

I miss my dad just like you, Jennifer.I know it might be hard to come up with the words to say how emotional this has made you, but you can try your best and no one here is going to judge or ridicule you. We've all gone through the same thing that you are going through. Everyone here has lost someone so special to them. I lost my dad just 3 weeks ago, and it's hard for me to think about him without wanting to cry and I'm 11 years older than you. I am glad that you have found a way to be able to process all of this grief in a healthy way. Some people do not cope well with this at all, and they shut themselves out and away from the world. You are the exact opposite, you haven't stopped trying to make your dad proud of the person you will become. And I am sure he is so proud of you for that.

• Members

I'm new to this. I am 15 years old and it's almost been a year since I lost my dad. I was not told what was wrong with him but the doctors said that it was undiagnosed luikemia. I didn't really have a relationship with him but I still miss him like crazy. I cry myself to sleep every night and can't seem to concentrate on anything for longer that a few minutes because it always gets interrupted by the thoughts of my dad actually being gone. I don't know if I can get any answers to my questions about this but I want to be here for all of you.

• Members
daddys_little_girl

My dad passed away about 9 months ago and I am 16... I too have found that each day gets harder and harder because the shock of the loss is wearing off and I'm starting to realize that it really happened... My dad was one of my best friends and losing him was such a tragedy! I find it so hard to get through day to day things without thinking of him. Do any of you have coping ideas to help get through the hard times?

• Members
Penguinsfan087

I lost my dad before my 21st birthday. That was nine years ago. I still havent gotten over it. I dont know how to be sad or mad at him. He took his own life and i was the last one he talked to and we never said i love you. I still blame myself like i could of stopped it. I bottle everything up. No one to talk to.

• Members

Penguinsfan,

It would definitely help if you could find someone to talk to; talking is the best way to heal. I hope you don't blame yourself. You were not at all to blame for your father's decision to end his life. You have to stop blaming yourself! Have you checked out the Loss of a Parent forum? You'll find many people to talk to there. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived