Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I’m losing my sons I’ve lost my purpose

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It’s been years since first Rocky was killed in a motorcycle accident ~ then Ronnie died of suicide ~ yet it’s my minds cross to bear.  And nobody knows the sorrow nor do they care.    I live with a man who has kids. Grandkids who treasure him  and basically ignore me.   There was a time when his grandkids treasured me til my husbands ex wife made sure she told the grand kids I was not their real grandma.  Now I am mostly ignored by them too except the one granddaughter who will be forever a child cause of her mental state.  On top of this my sister robes me of my inheritance from my mother cause I was powerless to stop it.  And I have been fighting Against the human responses of bitterness and all that goes with this synerio. I guess I’m just reaching out here cause maybe someone will relate. It’s embaresing to me to share this but what do I have to lose???  I am reminded daily I’ve already survived  what shoulda killed me many times over. 

The loss of my sons pales in the face of all the abuse I experienced thruout my childhood and my teen ytsband my whole adulthood. 

RAiNiE.  A broken hearted and tormented soulD64D8FFE-4355-4BCC-8058-BECF501ED8C0.thumb.jpeg.810ca1af862563f6cd33bf92cdd04f0b.jpeg

6A3BF523-26D8-48A6-BFA2-61954F463F23.jpeg

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

I’m so sorry for your loss and the hurt you’re experiencing. My parents have lost two children as well. I know how I feel losing my brothers, but can’t fathom the depths of the pain that you, my parents and others who have lost children go through. I’m hoping my mom will find strength to share and come on the forum to connect with others like you are. I think that is so brave of you to share and help others by doing so. My brother that just passed away, always struggled in a different way with my first brothers passing and we know that we lossed him because of that. It’s heart wrenching.

• Members

Dear Raine,

I am very sorry for all your pain and sorrow. Sending you love and hugs.

Sorry to hear about the pain caused by your husband's daughter. Every grandchild deserves to be surrounded by as many loving adults as possible. You have value. You are survivor and a good person.

Please know there is support and help in the community. If you want to maybe consider grief counselling or joining a support group.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Oh dear rainie,  I’m so sorry life has not been kind to you.  The loss of our children we will carry forever.  And yes your right no one knows the sorrow and most if not all family and friends will have moved on.  But you know us parents here in the site will never walk away.  We will always be here to help you.  God still has you here  for a reason. Your loved and cared about. I’m sorry you have had so many struggles in life.  I remember your  kindness when I first came on to this site.  Now let us try to help you with your burdens.   Click on loss of an adult child with the green and white dot and the the two little>> to bring you to the latest postings.  We are all here with open arms.  Let’s just take one of your problems at a time and try to work thru it.  Maybe a good counsellor would help.  Remember click on loss of an adult child.  Hope to see you there my friend.  I am Luanne who lost my daughter six years ago to cardiac arrthymia. L

Archived