Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Did my dog visit me?

Ema

• Members

Last night, after midnight sometime, I felt a weight on my legs and had a sense it coukd be my dog , Yaffi. In a second she was licking my face and all full of her regular energy. I was kissing her and hugging her and felt her hair and her body as always. It was an intense experience and then it was gone. I specifically told myself that Im awake and not dreaming. I thought of calling someone to tell them what happened but it was the middle of the night and I wasnt sure this really happened.

Did this really happen?

Has anyone else experienced this? Im so grateful if it was real yet the pain of losing her is all fresh again and I cannot stop crying. Its 31/2 month since she died and I miss her terribly. Im just so sad . I want her back and Im just so sad. 

• Members

I do believe they send us signs sometimes in their own way yes. I said on another thread that I sometimes feel a tiny cold breeze from nowhere and I think it's them. I might hear their voice or think I do and for a split second I may even see them. I definitely dream of them and I really wish I did more. In my dreams I often believe it's a dream but I love to see them again and even though I kind of know it's a dream I still appreciate seeing them as if they were still here and I don't want it to end.

I don't think we can explain these things and maybe we shouldn't try, we should just see them as signs that bring us comfort. I completely understand why it's upset you and I hope you are okay. The path is very bumpy and there's no right way to grieve. We can be fine and then something comes from nowhere, they are such a precious part of out lives. Hugs to you ((( )))

• Members

Thanks Jen. I will accept what happened as loving contact . Im just so torn up right now. Like she just died and I miss her so much. I had her 18 years. A connection like no other. My llittle best friend from 8 weeks old to 18. The pain and sadness of this is unbearable . I know that you and everyone on this forum understands. Its comforting to write in here. 

• Moderators

It's been 12 1/2 years since my husband died.  About ten years after, I was talking to social security and the representative told me I'd only get $250/month.  I was shocked, stunned, it couldn't be!  It didn't match the paper they sent me every year!  I asked her to double check, but she was adament, then gone, and I tried calling another representative but they were closed for a long holiday weekend.  I had three days to wait and my anxiety was kicked in full bore!  That night, I felt George's hand on my shoulder/back area, it was very comforting, reassuring.  I felt it physically as if he was there in the flesh!  I've never had anything like that happen before or since.  I didn't question my sanity, I KNEW it was him!  I wondered how it could be when he's spirit form now, but I only know he must have tried very very hard because that's hard for them to do.

Just like your cat knew you must have needed that.  I'm sorry you cried afterwards, I think your cat meant to reassure you, not cause you pain.

We can't conjure these things up, we can't control it, if or when it will happen.  It took me over a year to even get a DREAM with George in it!  I couldn't understand why everyone else got dreams but me when we'd been so close, so inseparable, we were SOULMATES!   But the one thing I've learned through this journey is we can't control signs or visitations, but we must be open to them in order to get them.  Look at it as a bonus if you get one, it's not something based on what we think "should" happen, it's hard for them to get through to us.  The Bible says there's a "veil" between our worlds, I think that makes it hard, but believe this:  we will be together again when it's our time for passage, this is not the end.  And I think they are very aware of what's going on with us and still care, just like they always did.  They have a broader perspective than we do, they're not limited to the finite like we are, like they once were, so they aren't as saddened as they otherwise might be.  They realize this is just a moment in the immense measure of eternity and we'll be together again, never to be separated any more!

Oh, and the social security, that representative must have been eager to start her holiday weekend, uncaring, sadistic, perhaps.  I get $932.00/month after Medicare. :)

• Members

Hi Ema, 

I read your post and although I feel your pain and sense that it's like losing her all over again.  I pray that my girl Ava comes back to see me when she passes because it sounds like Yaffi wanted you to know she is happy and free of pain and doesn't want you to be sad that she's gone because she's not really gone, her spirit is still with you.  When my old dog died I kept looking for a sign like that but it never came.  I'm now trying to process saying goodbye to my girl Ava and keep asking her to come back and see me to let me know she's ok when she's gone.  There was an article in my news feed today that said in 10 years time they will have the technology to make it possible for dogs to talk to thier owners.  I think it's wishful thing but right now I would give anything to be able to have a 2 way conversation with her because there is so much I want her to know and I tell her anyway but I wish I know if she understood.

Sending you hugs though and feel blessed she came to see you and not sad that she's gone which I know is hard.

• Members

I had an experience years ago when my sweet Pug came back to me after he died. I felt as if something jumped on my bed, stayed there awhile, then walked to the bottom of the bed. And I was fully awake at the time.

• Members

I just lost my cat Tashi last Saturday and last night she came to me in a dream to tell me she was okay, and where she was supposed to be and I said ok baby girl and then I woke up.

I choose to believe in that as a visit from her because she knew I needed it to be at peace and move on.

She jumped on the bed... From the bottom like years ago before we got the footboard and strongly and swiftly walked up the side of the bed and I sat up to reach for her I was saying Bean Bean! (my husband's nickname) and thinking she can't be here, I know she can't be but I'm going to sit up and pet her anyway... And by then she was right up next to me... The time was around 1am just like it really was and even tho it was just as dark as it really is, it was like she had a ray of sunlight on her. She leaned her now healthy body against me for a second and said I'm okay I'm safe and where I'm supposed to be... And I said " OK baby girl" and with a reassuring pat to her back legs like I always did, she was gone and I woke up.

I have heard of this sort of visit happening many times actually and I'm SO GLAD I got a visit so soon as I really needed it to reassure me that everything would be okay.

• Moderators

I tend to feel if it's something that brings us comfort or some closure, it was from them, if it's something we needed, hold onto it.

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you got your visitation.

Archived