New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

How do i ______ on the forums?

• Members
tiffanycordy

I am so overwhelmed with grief I don't know how to feel. My grandmother is losing her battle with lung cancer, my grandma raised me. My mother was a heroin addict as my father. My nana put her life on hold to raise us send us to the best schools and just give us a full life. She is 76yrs old and was always so full of life. The Dr. said tonite is the night I had to leave her bedside to get back to work. But the last 5 days of her life when she was lucid and aware we had a WONDERFUL talk. She expressed that I had to let her go and to move on with my life. How can I move ? The emptiness the feeling of abandonment. I know that sound so selfish but I really don't think I can make it without her

• Members

I am so overwhelmed with grief I don't know how to feel. My grandmother is losing her battle with lung cancer, my grandma raised me. My mother was a heroin addict as my father. My nana put her life on hold to raise us send us to the best schools and just give us a full life. She is 76yrs old and was always so full of life. The Dr. said tonite is the night I had to leave her bedside to get back to work. But the last 5 days of her life when she was lucid and aware we had a WONDERFUL talk. She expressed that I had to let her go and to move on with my life. How can I move ? The emptiness the feeling of abandonment. I know that sound so selfish but I really don't think I can make it without her

hi my name is val. you dear one. i too was raised by my grandmother so i can relate to your fear of abandonment, i just lost my husband, suddenly, unexpectedly in his sleep. i cannot sleep; i don't want to eat, i am finding this forum to be a good outlet for my pain, even if i sit and type to people i don't know. but i do know them, they are greivers like myself. write me back, or post back; let me know how things are. hugs, val

• Members

I'm sorry to ask, since this is my first night on here, but can you please set my information to private?? I'd really rather my name not be available to everyone.

Thank you so very much...

• Members

I'm sorry to ask, since this is my first night on here, but can you please set my information to private?? I'd really rather my name not be available to everyone.

Thank you so very much...

Yes, I will do so.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Mod Connie or Eric: I somehow managed to list "ALL" as friends ... just a dumb typing mistake. Could you tell me how to delete all the names and I'll then just reconstruct the short list of about 8 people that I actually wanted! Thanks so much,

Jane (User Name Jane A)

• Members

Hi Jane,

Did you already figure it out? I went to your friends list to see if I can help edit it, but I didn't see what you described. Let me know, and this may be a job for Eric, the tech guru.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Jane,

Did you already figure it out? I went to your friends list to see if I can help edit it, but I didn't see what you described. Let me know, and this may be a job for Eric, the tech guru.

ModKonnie

Thanks Konnnie: I didn/t fifgure it out, but somebody did, because it's looking quite normal now with just a few exceptions. So I assume the great GeekGurus there (Eric, was that you?) did something to fix it. Anyway, whoever did it for me, I really appreciate it!

• Members

Hi Eric...you helped me out a bit earlier when I couldn't post pictures. Now I can't make new paragraphs, use the colors or any other helps such as bolding, emoticons, or anything other than just straight typing. I can post photos, but everything else went away. Can you help? Carol mikesmomrs

• Members

Hi happy, I'm sorry your are having difficulty. Let's see if we can help! Scroll down the page, and click on the topic of your choice. Then, click on a message you'd like to read, or start one of your own by clicking "start new topic." I hope to see you soon on some of the forums. --ModKonnie

Guest nancyp43019

I am interested in removing, deleting my information (canceling my account) in the website but cannot locate information how to remove my information and account. Could please advise how to or send email to nancyp43019@yahoo.com so I can do? Thank you for all your help. Or if you can do the same as to canceling my membership/account here I would very much appreciate it.

• Members

Unbearable Pain, Up at the right top of the page, by your sign-in name is an upside down triangle. Click on it and then click on "My profile." Once you get into your profile, you will see "Edit Profile" near the right top. Click on that to make changes. Let me know if you have a problem. --ModKonnie

• Members

Is there a way to change the font size in the chat room? I can zoom the entire page but that causes other problems.

Thanks much!

Karen

• Members

Hi Sogovia, We do not have an introduction post. We have found most people like to go to the forum that best suites them and post an introduction in that particular forum. We welcome you! --ModKonnie

• Members

Could you please try to set up a chat-room  just for suicide survivors.  We grieve differently  from suicide and some people think  people who commit suicide choose to go away so they don't have the same compassion. 

• Members

I will certainly look into such a possibility. Are you interested in a specific time or something? Also, remember you can have a private conversation with other members in the chat room if you need to.

ModKonnie

• Members
Ouch and confused

I can't seem figure out why threadss showing in a normal linear matter - as in first post first and last post last.  Not my first forum so I know there is usually a way to have things show from first post to last.  I'm sorry for missing it. 

• Members

At the top of your forums, there should be tabs for you to look through and "Customize" your own settings. See if those will help you set the order to your liking.

• Members
Ouch and confused

At the top of your forums, there should be tabs for you to look through and "Customize" your own settings. See if those will help you set the order to your liking.

Thank you for your response.  I can't get it to work the way I want from those settings.  I've tried both ascending and descending and my posts keep on going to the top when when I want the OP's to be first and mine last think it maybe be a Firefox thing.  Oh well.  

And Psst, thank you ModKonnie you are right about what you are saying about people being able to help.  Thank you.  :)

Edit:  See my latest post went to 1 when first one  went to three.  I used to the first post being first and then the next one coming after that. 

Okay, I think I dumb butt may be getting close to figuring this out.  LOL. 

• Members
tobyfreefoot

recently i somehow clicked something (not the gallery) that showed every picture i have ever posted on here.  does anyone know what it was??

• Members

Hi Indhu,

Please feel free to scroll down the page and find the forum(s) you'd like to post in or read. Feel free to start a conversation or simply reply to one already ongoing.

What specifically did you need help with? I will be more than happy to help you navigate through the forums.

Welcome to our community,

ModKonnie

• Members
my husband got debt without saying to me. he did many mistakes to me in life by not sending me to lookafter my mother while she was ill, at that time he was trying to tell me about his debts to which i did not listen days passed on he said i will divorce you but i didn’t listen him as my 8 years old baby was fond of him .one day when i was not in the home he killed my daughter by picking her up from school and his mother by giving poison and he also committed suicide,i feel guilty that this happened because of me as i didn’t helped me and safeguard my child from him please, kindly help me what to do- my feeling is also to commit suicide now without them. he and i also loved each other so much i just made lot of things to him by leaving my mother unseen when nobody was there to look after him and i gave him my 50 savaran gold without using much of my ornaments for a single time. but he misunderstood that i was not for him and he even took my with him not leaving her

•  

• Members

Anisadh,

I am very sorry for your losses. None of this is your fault; it was all his fault. Please find someone to talk with you. Do you have other family? Do you have friends?

Please feel welcome to talk to us. You really are not at fault here. In time, things will get easier, but it is just going to take some time. Try to just get by each day as best as you can for now. Do you work? Do you have a spiritual group to help you?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Mary, 

Scroll down towards the bottom of the post until you see the box where you can type. Type what you want and then press the "submit reply" tab at the bottom of that box. It will be on the right hand side. 

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello I have asked for email notifications of postings but no emails have come through even though people are sending me messages, posting on my topic etc

On 11/28/2018 at 3:55 AM, Ashleys Mom said:

I was wandering how can you follow others

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

@Ashleys Mom,

First, I am so sorry for your loss.  To follow others, click on their profile pic or name.  This will pull up their profile page.  First item, i the top middle of your screen there should be a follow member button, just click that.  It can blend in a bit with the background, so I can easily see how you might have missed it.  Wishing you all the peace and comfort you can find,

Herc

• Like 1

• Members

I see we need to save our posts.  I have not been able to figure out how to save and/or export a copy short of copying the individual text of each one and pasting it into a text/word file.  Surely there must be an easier process.

Help, please and thank you.