Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't breathe...

Crystalkaye

• Members

I have always been so close to my aunt. She was more like a mother/best-friend to me. I feel now I have lost a part of me. It happened 2 months ago today. I am usually asleep by 10:00 pm I can't sleep tonight and earlier found a picture I had not seen in a long time of her and my mother. I am the type to not show emotion but around 3:00am I just started feeling like I couldn't breathe and started crying, Those hard tears the ones in sync with your broken heart. I am 32 now and yes I have lost others before her but I was younger it upset me but not like this has. She was only 49 it was unexpected. We are waiting on an autopsy nothing back yet . My uncle kissed her goodnight she had a fever that night but she took medication then he found her the next morning lifeless. I first cried and screamed until I got myself together to have my husband drive me to tell her sister. My mother. I have been trying to stay busy but when I am alone and its quiet well its all I think about. I miss her so so much I would give anything to see her. Not good with emotional things but I feel this may help. 

• Members

Dear Crystal,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. I know the pain and sorrow is unbearable right now. Losing a cherished aunt so young is extremely hard.

Please know there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. I think the raw emotions all hit us at different times. Grief is very fluid and takes a long time to come to terms with.

Please know we are all here to listen and support you in anyway we can. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you.

Archived