brokenbyheartache

My adult son has finally pushed us to the point where we must grieve what we thought he would be...

brokenbyheartache

Well, he finally did it this time.  Our 19 year old is in serious trouble and is currently sitting in jail because of his behaviors and horrible choices.  I am struggling to understand how we got here... We saw signs early on and he has been on 100's of treatment plans and yet we still ended up exactly where we were afraid we would.  Now we need to figure out how to move forward.  I need help with this, I feel a constant heartache and feeling of loss that I can't describe.  He had such a bright future, or so we thought.  

Any advice on coping with the decisions, the backlash and how to move forward is welcomed.

reader

Dear brokenbyheartache,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences wit your son. I know its extremely difficult to cope and accept. I know you love your son and did the best you could for him.  We all try.

There are a lot of resources in the community and through church. If you want to maybe consider talking to a counsellor or therapist or joining a support group. There are also many good websites dedicated to parents going through similar experiences.

Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

Twingoats

I am very sorry for what you are going through. I don’t have any advice but I just lost my other half to drugs on Thursday. I never knew he was actively using. I wish drugs and alcohol never existed and as far as prescription goes, I wish it was something that was harder to get and wasn’t given in months quantity to avoid over dose. It’s hard and you aren’t alone in the grieving process. I hope in time that things heal and I’m sending you positive vibes <3