Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my son

Yelena

• Members

Hi my name is Lena. I lost my son Brandon in a car accident August 26 , 2017. He was 17 years old. Brandon got his license on August 25 and died August 26 the next day. I am heartbroken and don't know how to live my life without him. Please help

IMG_9773.PNG

• Members

yelena I am so sorry you lost your precious son Brandon it is a loss that never goes away but in time gets easier to cope with as you cannot sustain that deep mourning for ever. It does feel like your heart has been ripped out, your breath catches and there is a lump in your throat constantly. It is a nightmare but there are others here to help and guide you through ok? Most of the bereaved parents post on loss of a child thread click on that and choose loss of an adult child. We are a very active group and your posts usually get answered in a day. they are a wonderful caring group who have sound advice and help to reason out any issues you may have. Please join us ok? It is a tragedy that your Brandon died the day after his driving test. sadly the roads are so busy and drivers aggressive and we all know it takes a good while to become a competent driver after passing your test. Other people are too impatient with new drivers. What a shock for you all. Do you have family or a husband or children to be with? it is important to have others look out for you in those afirst few months when you don't even know what day it is or which way is up. i hope you join us and feel comfortable enough to tell your story or share whatever you want or feel able. We have all been through the tragedy you have experienced maybe in different ways and have been grieving for different lengths of time but we all get it when so many others just cannot. take care

• Members

So sorry for your loss.(((  Tears... I know your pain. I am suffering every day. Try also to find a supportive group in your area www.griefshare.org 

• Members

lena and alinasmom you are not on your own ok?

1555339_10151910669013753_603426205_n.png.092993881a0e5721add3bb9ab6e93763.png

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Darren.  I am so sorry for the loss of your precious child.  This is so new and raw for you rigjt now. Please go back to loss of an adult child click on the double arrow takes you to the latest post.  That is where all the parents post. We have all lost a child from all different ages and circumstance so we all understand and will walk with you through this difficult journey. I lost my child at the age of 17 too.  Just when they were getting ready to fly on their own.  Let  us help you.  You r not alone, Ok? 

• Members

darren I am so sad you lost your boy it is something so awful it cannot be even imagined until it happens and it changes your life forever. AS Louann said go to loss of an adult child thread by Mom of Justin , the one with over 2 million views,and click on it then go to the last page and post there. We are a community of bereaved parents and all post there to keep us in one place so no one gets missed. There are both Moms and Dads on the forum and we have all lost a child/children or adult children so we can understand the anguish and pain because we have all faced that ourselves. You are not on your own

sympathy-quote-loss-loved-one-1-picture-quote-1.jpg.35f52126b8aa54567bf3996813f3eed7.jpg

• Members
Mumtogeorge

Im so sorry to hear of your loss..We too have just lost our beautiful 17yr old boy..9 weeks ago.He was a passenger in a car driven by someone he hardly knew!! Our hearts are broken..i feel like there is no reason to go on..i.know we have to as we have a 21 and 14 year old..we were a close family of 5.

The majority of friends have moved on.. with the odd text here and there..we are blessed with a couple of close friends..but i think most think.we should be moving on. To look at us we have...we have returned to work...we go.and buy our groceries..but deep down im done!!! 

How do you go on?

• Members
Tommy's mum

mumtogeorge I am sorry for the loss of your teenage son. By your spelling I guess you are a Brit like me? I lost my 24 yr old son in Hawaii where he lived in 2015. He was trying to get his suicidal friend off a ledge of a dorm building. The window broke as they were climbing back in they both fell and my son died from his injuries. You are very new to grief I promise it will get better in time but it takes a long long time and a lot of effort to be able to move forwards. I also have other children who at the time were 19 21 and 22 they are handling it fairly well but are by no means healed from losing their older brother. I am saddened that you are already being judged by ignorant people who think you should be OK after so short a time. All of us meet on Loss of an adult child by Mom of Justin it is at the top of the thread page and has the most views. Click on that thread and just post. There are quite a few of us all bereaved parents who understand what you are feeling and going through ok? Please join us

• Members
TearsInHeaven

MumtoGeorge,  I am sorry for your loss----goodness---9 weeks---you have not even had a chance to breathe. Please do join us on Loss of an Adult Child as Lesley referenced above. Go to the last page and that is the active posts. We are all bereaved parents with some new on this journey and some farther along.  We have some who have suffered their loss many years and have stayed on to help as they can and get help when they too need it. I know right now you and your family are suffering with the inconsolable loss and devastation.  Even though you cannot even think right now, you all need to take care of yourselves on a physical level.  I know, that is the last thing on your mind, but grief takes everything out of you. You are only 9 weeks out from this life altering tragedy. You are probably doing so many "what ifs' in your mind.  Just take it one day (or one hour or one minute) at a time. I know you feel like you can never live through this pain but you will. But think about only getting through the next minute. Grief always lasts longer than the people around you expect it to. It is a rough and rocky road ahead but you do not have to do it alone.Instruct.thumb.JPG.082beacc8a8334f1b1496809fb18c928.JPG

Archived