Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Need support

michele00

• Members

I am a 30-year-old single mom from Whitby. My husband died in an accident few years ago. Recently, I’ve been suffering from different dental diseases like swollen and receding gums, bleeding etc. I then consulted a dentist in my locality. He warned me if bone loss occurs, multiple teeth will fall out and before that happens it has to be cured by doing periodontal disease treatment. Hearing this, I was terrified. My kid is only 6 years and if all my teeth are gone I will look like a granny. So, can anyone of you help me? I am not so educated and don't know much about this treatment? Is it effective? Is the disease permanently curable? Is it expensive? Waiting for your valuable replies. Thanking you in advance.

• Members

Dear Michele,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. And your current dental issues. I am not a dentist but I would strongly suggest seeking out a second or third opinion. I would Google dentists in your area and read the reviews. Not all dentists are created equal and some will financially take advantage of patients. Please consider consulting the dental association in your area and hopefully they will have more information about the treatment you were offered. I hope you will find the answers you are looking for.

Archived