Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×
kmarie

lost and broken

kmarie

We were together for 15 years and have two beautiful children. We are all in therapy but how I am supposed to keep it together for the kids. Our 4 year old screams and cries for his daddy at night and has severe separation anxiety now.  I feel lost and broken. He was my other half. How am I supposed raise our kids without him?

sincerelysherry

Dear Kmarie, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Our trials in life are so difficult and my heart hurts for you. You are experiencing a true nightmare.

You were created and for a purpose in life long before you met your husband. I know you miss him terribly and you have a million questions and hundreds of emotions you are dealing with but I promise it will become more bearable as time goes on. Your journey is not complete. Your precious children need you and they will be a great comfort to you.

Continue your counseling, cry, pray, talk about it until you are exhausted talking about it. Get some help with the children so you can get some rest and sleep. Your emotions have been shattered into a million pieces, like a glass vase, a will never quite good back the same. You will have to create a new norm and new routines. 

As a Mother of 4 children, you must be a strong woman so I have faith in you. You can do it. Sadly, it is through pain that we grow. Beautiful swords are made out of fire and foraging, lovely diamonds created through pressure, cutting and polishing. You Kmarie are a diamond in the rough and I know you being polished into a compassionate survivor. You are a bright star and example for your children that while life is hard and unkind sometimes, it goes on and we have to make the best of it

I hope you can read some of my comments on other's posts. May God wrap his arms around you and your family and give you comfort, peace and strength. I will be praying for you. 

Sincerely,  Sherry.