Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My little furry hero is gone ...

Izegrim

• Moderators

I can never "move on" from my husband, he's in my thoughts each and every day.  I really don't like that term.  The "next stage" is one of incorporating our loss and the changes it means for us into our lives, what they call a "new normal", a term I also didn't like in the beginning, it seemed anything but normal to me!  Yes, we do have to live our lives, and fully embrace what good there is.  We have to look for it, acknowledge it, and be grateful for it, even while we are yet hurting.

• Members

I'm a few weeks further and on average it does help: the daily ritual did confront me with my loss, but now I let go of it ... it seems to become less 'urgent'. Daily life takes over ....

But now that I've come to encounter some deeply disturbing things going on in my life (not related, but still having a real impact), I've come to a new thought: would taking a stone away each day be an option? I'm asking myself if the initial thought was about burying things ... my feelings ... slowly covering them up ...

Now I'm thinking about removing them: one stone a day ... not ultimately removing the tree, but giving it more space to really bloom and exposing the thing I fear in this case (the grief or even my own vulnerability)? Challenging myself to let go and give space to the seed that caught fertile ground, even if it is 'feasting' on the remains of something that is so dear to me?

Archived