Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying something new

More

• Members

I am attending a grieving support group this week.  I have never been to one, never thought I would need one.  I am unsure what to expect.  I am hoping that it helps... for anything to help.  So many emotions boiled up inside.  We will see if it helps.

• Members

Dear More,

Please let us know how you find it. I hope it helps in some ways.

I tried a GriefShare one through church. People were extremely supportive. I am looking at another one. I continue to struggle with my loss. I still have a lot of anger with my loss. And I know I need to work through all the raw emotions.

Take care. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Hey reader,

The group went well enough.  Every one had their own way of handling grief and it was helpful to know I was not alone.  I am unsure if I would go to this particular one again but I did feel welcomed there.  They offered support by simply acknowledging that I was grieving.  I did not have to put on a front in front of these people.  I could be me in my grief.  I got to talk about my grandma and how she was when she was alive.  It felt good to do.  Why can't I do this with family?  I am not sure at this time. 

Thanks for the thoughts.  I do appreciate them.

Archived