Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Nothing Prepared Me

More

• Members

I miss you.

Every day.

I do not tell anyone.

It is a secret I keep buried most of the time.

I do not want to burden anyone.

No one knows this weight I bear on my chest.

Nothing prepared me to say goodbye.

Nothing prepared me for this pain.

I miss you.

More so than yesterday.

How can I do this without you?

• Members

Dear More,

Thank you for sharing this poignant poem. Thinking of you during this difficult time. I know its hard. We are going to make it my friend, we will. Day by day.

• Members
crownholder2

Dear More.

Day by day is the only way I get through.I will also be thinking of you.I will try to find your story.I also think"how do I live without half my heart and half my life gone/"God bless and comfort you.

• Members

Thank you both for reading.  it helps me to write poetry or even just  my thoughts down.  Sometimes it all gets lost in the  mess of life and I need to slow down and reflect.  Day by day is great advice and I strive to do this.  I appreciate your comforting words!

• Members

Keep writing More. Keep sharing your poems with us. We are all in this together. I know its hard. Even tonight I am still tearful about my dad but I know I have to keep going day by day, moment by moment if necessary. Take care.

Archived