Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm too young to die

CassandraVCarson

• Members
CassandraVCarson

I'm only 24. Went to the hospital last month for breathing problems and that's when they told me I have cardiomyopathy. I have 1-2 years left at the most, I haven't done anything with my life. I haven't talked to anyone about it, I don't really have anyone in my life, and I still haven't really cried about it yet. My parents are alive and wealthy but won't admit anything is wrong. We don't have a very good relationship to begin with though. I just don't know how to deal with any of this.

• Members

Dear Cassandra,

First, (((hugs))).  Sending you love and hugs. I'm so sorry words are so inadequate right now. I know its overwhelming and hard to understand this news. I hope your doctor can help you talk to a counselor, family therapist or help you join a support group. There is help. You are not alone. We will all be here to support you as well. I know its overwhelming right now. Try to take each day as it comes. Try to reach out to your parents. I know its not easy but it will be worth it. They will love and support you. And maybe if you want seek out a second and third opinion about your condition. Thinking of you.

• Members
Myghostdance

Hugs. I want you to know that I'm thinking about you. I don't have advice and I don't know that you are really even asking for any. I'm guessing your parents are in shock, as you are too I'm sure. I want you to know that you are thought of and this site is a great support. I'd also try talking with a friend or another loved one if you feel comfortable with it. 

• Members

Hi Cassandra,

I'm very sorry to hear about your condition and I will pray that some how you are able to fight this.  I had a brother in law that passed away at a very young age and he had a terminal cancer.  He also left behind a 6 year old daughter.  I feel like he also was given and time line.  This affected me so much I created a webapp call www.leg8cy.com which allows you to create messages and send them to your loved ones after you pass away.  I know everything must be very scary for you but if someone you can find comfort creating videos and messages to send to those you love, after life please check out my site.

Jack

• Members

You need your family to get you through this, first of all. 

Second of all, you need to get second and third opinions and find out what your options are.  You're only 24, no one should have made you feel like you have no chance to prolong your life or even save it. 

Thinking of you

• Members
CassandraVCarson

My name is Kylie, I'm Cassandra's sister. Thank you for your messages, although she wasn't able to read some of them in time. She passed away last week, I am now going through her things and closing her accounts and such. I can at least say that this site was very helpful in allowing her to face her final moments. We were told she didn't suffer much as her heart finally sprung a leak and she was gone within minutes. It's possible even she was unaware of what was happening, so she was able to live her last moments without fear, and a good amount of thanks for that goes to you all. Thank you again for all of your support, we miss her so much and will continue to provide guidance and support to others who suffer from chronic and terminal illnesses as we now know how much it means. One last request, please pray for her to find peace, she certainly deserved it.

Kylie Carson

• Members

Kylie,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. I am glad she did not appear to suffer. I am sure you miss her! 

We will be here with you if need us,

ModKonnie

Archived