Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dad died yesterday

JKK

• Members

Devastated. I have lived with my folks for two year now for a variety of reasons... starting my life over after a separation from my ex-partner, helping them out while Dad's health wasn't great, helping them get ready to sell their house this coming spring (which isn't happening now). So I got to know my dad all over again at age 41-43. Blessed. He died unexpectedly yesterday... was fine in morning, then felt terrible, went to the hospital for what we thought was a benign visit, then died 6 hours later from a ruptured aorta. Mom and I are in shock. I'm an only child. Feel sick and like life is grey and stopped. With holidays around the corner. Trying to process. Devastated. 

• Members

I have just joined. I am sorry for the loss of your Dad. I lost my Dad in May, it is very painful isnt it. I know what you mean about everything being grey

Jay123

• Members

Thank you, yep, it's pretty hideous. Trying to take one day at a time and a terrific cousin of mine is navigating through all of the paperwork and crap with me and Mom. Meanwhile tons of friends and family are in touch which helps. I'm sorry to hear that you're just joining when it's been since May, would have hoped that you'd be feeling slightly better by now :-( I don't mean 'better'...  but just not needing this site still I guess :(

• Members

So sorry for the both of you. The loss of a loved one and the grieving is a life long process. My loss of my husband has only been just short of 11 weeks. I've been told that it will get less intense over time but you learn to adjust and live with the loss the rest of your life. Right now, I'm still in emotional agony and hating living alone.

Prayers to you both.

• Members

KMB I'm so sorry. My mom and dad were together for 50 years and Mom is devastated. Not sure how anyone gets through losing their life partner. She thought she had 10 or 15 years still with him (or more). They still had a lot of things they wanted to do. 11 weeks is not very long, I'm sure it's tremendously difficult. I hope you find peace soon. 

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is an intense roller coaster ride that you wish you could get off but there is no way to get off. You just have to ride it. It's devastating. 

• Members

Truly sorry to hear this!

I lost my Dad last March, its an intense and overwhelming thing but I promise you happiness does still present itself.

I write a blog relating to my grief and i found it has provided help for a lot of people so do have a look if you would like to :

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss I lost my dad 3 weeks ago today he went to work and didn't come back he had a heart attack this pain is the worst thing iv ever felt and can't see it ever going away 

Archived