Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my sister and she was my best friend

liz10202016

• Members

On October 20 at 12:30 pm my sister was in an accident. She was killed on impact and my 3 year old nephew was lucky he came out of the wreck with two broken legs. I have the feeling that she would still be here if it was not for me. She came to my house to drop off some money (I worked for as a full time babysitter) and if she had never came here that day she would still be here. we went out to eat and after that she dropped me back at my house and die about 10 minutes later. No one understands this in my family they just keep saying that if she was meant to die than she would had either way but it is hard to believe.  She was a such a nice person who would help anyone no matter what. There were many times that she would see someone on the Yard Sale sites on Facebook asking for help with food and she would give them food from her own freezer. She was the type of person that was there for everybody no matter what and because of car accident she is gone. She will never see her three boys grow up, she will never be able to see our grandmother walk again, or she will not be able to see our two nephews born. Is there a reason for all this? Is this some lesson to be learned?

• Members
Yah, I've Got Issues

Dear Liz,

Do not blame yourself.  As surely as you can think the tragedy was caused by her going to your house, you can also think there's a possibility that a different path could have led to a different accident killing both of them.  Sorry to sound morbid, but the point is that it can happen anywhere, anytime.  We tend to internalize our pain and think we are the cause of bad things, but it's just not true.  You didn't do this.  It sounds like she was blessed to have her last few minutes with you.  Remember that.

Hugs

Archived