Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I can't help but b bitter...

• Members

I am going through a divorce right now.  My husband of 12 years told me that he hasn't been in love with me for the last two years.  It was like a slap in the face.  He moved out two months ago, and last Monday I got a letter in my house from him saying that it's over- I need to move on, he's already moved on with another woman.  We have a 3 year old daughter together and I am fighting for full custody.  I waited for three years for him while he was in prison for robbery in the past. He was an alcoholic but changed his life around for 7 years and got baptized.  Last year he relapsed, got into two car wrecks, with a DUI.  Then he turned from God.  I am barely hanging on- going to work like a zombie, crying constantly.  I am going to divorce care at a Church, but just wanted to talk to women going through similar situations.  I can't understand how he can move on so quickly with another woman after being together for 15 years.  I can't help but b so bitter about the whole thing...

any words of advice would b helpful.  Thanks!

• Members
BarbaraPhillips

Stop crying and get  a hold on yourself! Spend more time with your daughter as she needs you the most and lastly get a good attorney and make sure he regrets his decision of leaving you!

• Members

Got a great attorney and going to fight for my daughter.  All my attention is on her right now.  As for the crying?  Yes, I will stop eventually- I know he's not worth it.  I will find that out eventually.  I have a hearing this Friday and fingers crossed it will b good.  My daughter Olivia needs a stable environment to live in and that would not b with her dad.  I'm not taking her completely out of his life, but my main focus is on her right now.

Archived