Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New normal?

Blueeyedprof

• Members

I was divorced in July of this year. I was awarded what's called extended standard possession of my children. This means 4 nights every other week and every Thursday. The ex wife keeps talking about coparenting but it's hard for me to see this when I have limited time to be a parent. It's further complicated by her telling the children I am sleeping with the nanny I hired to watch them while I work (I'm not and wouldn't sleep with her, and she's watched them three times since the divorce), the ex has also told the children I was abusive and tried to get them to say I was abusive. She hit my son when he didn't agree and now I'm back in court fighting for him. Then her idea of coparenting is to have me do all her running around  it doesn't include time with the children.

I know I've done wrong, but to be accused of things I've never done, and then to learn of her doing those very things is killing me. 

I spend a lot of time alone wishing for something to happen. I'm told I should go out, but to where? I don't do bars or clubs. I don't have any extra money for a gym (but who wants to meet someone at the gym)  it feels wrong to go to church to meet people. I am there to worship. I just feel lost and alone. My new normal is miserable.

• Members

Dear Blue,

Sorry to hear what has been happening. I know meeting new people is tough. Have you considered joining any Meet Up groups in your area. This is a great way to meet people with similar interests without any pressure. Let your friends, family and church members know you are looking to meet new friends. I hope everything works out.

Archived