Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
BrokenVaughan

35 yr old Widow and Mother of 2

On March 18, 2016 I turned 35. God willing, I had reached my half way point in life. I sat and thought, wow, how lucky am I. I finally had met and married my Soulmate. I had exactly the life I had always wanted. ALMOST. My husband was a functioning Heroin addict. It was a secret he carried alone for 10 years until we fell in love and started a family. We faced this crisis together. Husband and wife. I supported him. I helped him, I thought. We did this for 3 years and no one knew. On May 20, 2016 that world came crashing down with the ring of the door bell at 313am. The officers did not need to say a word. I knew. I knew he was dead. I knew he over dosed. I knew. And now, so did everyone else.

Dear BrokenVaughan I read your post and saw you had not had a reply and just wanted to send you something.  My beloved husband, soulmate, best friend died of an MRSA heart infection whilst waiting for surgery 23 days ago. Aged 51 and me 53 I cannot countenance any kind of future.  These are the early days but I have found more comfort on this website than absolutely anywhere else.  I feel only here can I be truly understood and I can find understanding from other members.  

I hope you post again BrokenVaughan if you need to - you are not alone.

With love

Loved Mrs T