Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sad timed

Janice 252

• Members

I don't know what happened in my previous post but a message appeared saying I had posted it but I hadn't and it has really shook me. Has that ever happened to anyone else. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Members

I know. Can't believe someone would do that. Haven't heard back from moderators. Hope they don't ignore it. This site and the lovely people on it have been a lifeline for me over the last few weeks. Sorry you're having a bad day. Was it something in particular? I find I can be thinking I'm having a better day and for no reason I just sink down. Sending lots of hugs x

• Moderators

I've tried the "contact us" before and not gotten a response, but it will take a moderator to fix it.  I left instructions how if the person will follow them.  I think it was a mistake by someone who doesn't know how to use the site.

• Members

Thank you Kay. I used the contact link and haven't received a response. Not sure what else to do. I'm hoping you're right and it was a mistake by someone rather than anything else. But it did say I wrote those words. That's what really upset me. As you say I hope no one clicked on those links. I hate to think where they would take you. Don't want to leave this site as it has been invaluable to me over the last few weeks. Hope you're doing ok today. Sending hugs x

• Members

Thank you, Janice. Most mornings are depressing when I wake up and realize my reality.  Because I don't use anything chemical if I don't have to, I ordered an herbal supplement called mind soothe. It has great reviews for calming emotions associated with grief, crying, sadness and depression. It's been helpful, I take it once or twice a day. I took it this morning before taking a long shower. I also purchased an essential oil lamp diffuser . I put in a few drops of lavender oil which leaves a calming scent in the air. I have that oil lamp going whenever I'm in the house, esp., mornings and evenings. Whatever coping mechanism you can find------

I feel like I've lost my husband twice. Because he was my husband and also because I was his caregiver. He's in God's care now and I'm lost without him.

Hugs to you Janice and KayC-----

• Members

You're so right. Mornings are the worst and mine seem to start about 2am. I get no useful sleep after that. At least during the day you can try and keep yourself occupied. " Do - don't think" as someone said.  My 2 wonderful daughters have visited me every day since Bill has gone but I've told not to come tomorrow. They have jobs and children to look after and I have to be able to be on my own. This is my life now. I will try the things you mentioned. I'm glad they're helping you. Anything is good if it helps with the grief. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Sending hugs x

• Members

Thank you Janice. I've heard of people who do the bar scene, drink and take up with strangers. That's certainly not me. Not going to start now and why would a person want to dishonor the loved one who is gone? I'll get through this, one day at a time. Went out earlier before it got dark to a oak tree I've loved on our property and poured my  heart out to my husband. Felt like a weight had been lifted, though it's probably temporary with the roller coaster emotions. But I felt like my husband was listening and that's the main thing.

Take care

• Members

Hello KMB. I have never done the bar scene and have no intention of starting now. Each to his own but that's not my thing. I loved our low key comfortable lifestyle and I know I'm grieving for that as well as my husband. Feeling very low physically today so I'm not going to do too much. Hope you have a better day than yesterday. Take care x

• Moderators

No matter how much time has gone by, I still miss my husband and am wishing he was here.  He took good care of me, and I miss talking things over with him, I miss having him hold me, it always made me feel safe, protected, cared about.  

Janice, Even if the moderator does not respond, that thread will get buried in the multitude of threads if no one else posts to it and eventually no one will see it.  It's just unfortunate that it happened.  I do understand your concern.  I wish the quotes could not be edited by someone else, that is the danger in them.

• Members

Thanks Kay. It is what it is and I am not stressing over it. We'll maybe never know. I need my strength just to get through another day. Hope you're well today. X

• Members

Hi everyone. Another day over. Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight.

Sarah. I hope you've got some comfort from this site. There are some good people here. And I am so not "a strong lady" I'm a mess at the moment. But getting there one day at a time

KMB. Hope you had a better day today and are feeling stronger.

Kay . Thank you for being here for us even though your loss was a few years ago. Those of us at the beginning of our journey appreciate your experience.

I think all you lovely ladies are in the states.  I'm across the pond in the UK but isn't it wonderful that we can connect across the miles. Take care everyone x

• Moderators

I am very thankful for this forum, I don't know what I would have done had I not have that avenue to process my grief and share with others in my loss all those years ago...and what people don't understand is that this is ongoing...that was just the beginning but there is no ending to grief or missing them, it continues still, I just understand grief better now than I did then.  I'm out of my shock and I've adjusted as well as I can, but we never like the change it's wrought in our lives, we'd have them back in a heartbeat if only we could.

Archived