Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How can I be happy again?

GriefRidden

• Members

I lost my mom on August 24th. She was my best friend. We talked every day. If I had a bad day I could call her no matter what, and vice versa. I watched her slowly die in a hospital bed. I was there the night she died. A few weeks following her death and funeral, I found out I was pregnant. I want to be happy, but all I can think is that it isn't fair. All she ever wanted was grandchildren. And just as I'm able to give that to her... she's just gone. I don't know how I can be happy, and I don't think I'll ever be completely happy again. 

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my mom this august and she was my everything. I feel so empty without her. I wish you all the best with your pregnancy, but I can really understand how you cant seem o enjoy it. I have been thinking about the same, I cant imagine how to handle pregnancy and have children without my mother being there with me. It is terrible. I am sorry, I dont have much advice and I know that no matter what i say wont really ease the pain you are feeling. Whenever I am havinga dark moment though, I try to talk to my mom and imagine whats he would tell me, and how he would support me and push me to get out of that dark place. I remember the love we shared and how much she loved me and the feeling slowly pushes me further and helps me through the worst. She may not be there with me physically, but her voice, her face, and her smile will never disappear from my memories and will be there with me wherever I do and whatever I do. 

Take care x

Archived