Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Goodbye Archie

GC1972

• Members

Saying goodbye to my beloved ginger tom cat Archie. Only 9 years old and was diagnosed with CHF. He kept having a build up of fluid in his body which I tried to control and did for a while with diuretics. Had to let him go yesterday as it got worse and he was suffering. Will miss you forever. RiP

• Moderators

I am sorry for the loss of your cat.  I lost mine June 3rd.  I dreamed about her last night, it was really hard.

• Members

Thank you. I can understand how much you miss your cat. Archie had such a lovely personality and followed me everywhere. It's a shame he was still young.

• Members

I'm feeling a bit guilty as I signed the euthanasia from. I wished there was more I could of done.

Thanks for that. There is an article I like in that. I think doing something positive in honour could help. Little is known about the condition he had. And the vet just put as he was doomed as they didn't know enough . I'm thinking of donating to research regarding the condition he had so that in the future, maybe we can get to the bottom of the cause and have better medication so pets and owners won't suffer so much premature death.

• Moderators

And I just ran across this list of pet memorials, quite exhaustive list, I must say!
http://www.griefhealing.com/memorializing.htm

I like your idea about donating for research on his condition, that lends meaningfulness to what you're going through.  I wish you could have had him longer, yet I also know that no matter how long we have them, it's never long enough. :(

Archived