Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

how am i suppose to go on

samantha0412

• Members
samantha0412

It hasn't even been a month since my mom's sudden death and i feel like i can't go on with this pain. I feel like an empty shell. I feel so alone and have nobody to help me go through this. 

• Members
Missing you always

HI, I also lost my mother a few weeks ago on September 16.  It has been horrible for me.  I still don't believe it, it seems like a terrible trick, and that its not for real.  She was older and had been sick, but I thought she would get better.  He never looked her age at all and could pass for being 20 years younger than she was. She was also very with it mentally, and loved to read.  She was having heart problems these last few years and had been in and out of the hospital. There were some things I didn't say to her that I should have and also things I did say that I shouldn't have said.  I was taking care of her and had been staying with her. So its been very hard because I saw her every day and we had a routine.  Now the routine is over and I am lost. I do work fulltime but can't seem to concentrate on things.  I wanted to recommend some books that I have been reading that have helped me somewhat: How to survive the loss of a Parent: A guide for adults, by Lois Akner, and When parents die: A guide for adults, by Edward Myers. There are a few more that I will post another time. Try to hang in there, I guess that's all we can do........

• Members
samantha0412

Thank you! My mom passed suddenly on the 14 from septic shock. She was sick days earlier and i feel like its my fault. I should have taken her to the hospital sooner

• Members
Missing you always

I also feel that I should have taken my mother to the hospital sooner. This guilt is very common as I have been reading. You should look into Bereavement groups in your area...look it up online. Also as I said reading will help....these books are especially for adults who have lost parents written by professionals in grief counseling. Also, I don't know how spiritual you are but that helps too. I've  been reading a book called Signs of Spirits....by Joni Mayhan ...it is very good. Start looking for signs that she is still with you.....I have found many.

Archived