Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Suddenly taken away

feegurl

• Members

My mom went into the hospital because her stomach caused her pain. She died of cardiac arrest the same night. This was October 24 2009 @ 9:21 pm. I am just plain numb. I can't feel anything. I want to cry, but I can't. I want to scream and can't do that either. What went wrong? Why didn't medical science and all the test she had taken over the last few months detect what was going on? I just don't understand. I buried her on November 2 2009. My mom, the one who loved me, cared for me,fed me, nurtured me and sheltered me. She is now gone and my siblings and I are feeling a great loss and sadness. I am thankful for this opportunity to share.

• Members

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I too lost my mom suddenly, and remember the numb feeling.  Looking back I think I stayed in a deep fog for over a year....it was the only way to deal with the pain and shock.  The questions will sometimes seem to fill your every thought.  I've read that you should try to get some answers if you feel that will help you, but if not, then you simply have to try to move on....to a new "normal" as they say, but I never have liked hearing that.  This site kept me from falling too deep into the fog and now 4 years later I still find it a safe haven to come to for comfort.  Do try to take care of yourself - you at the start of a long journey, but there are many others here to lend a hand whenever you need support.

• Members

I know your pain i feel like mine was suddenly taken as well - I lost mine on June 6th 2007.  I know you hurt so much, i wish i had some great ideas or advice but i dont, i took meds and thats what kept me going for so long.   - I was also in a deep state of shock for the first year and a half and then some. Its normal, you will have days you cry and scream and on other days you just feel so lost and numb and i dont even know what all. Its so hard to explain or to understand. I am trying to take some classes soon next year sometime i hope and i am trying to keep moving forword with my life but it does seem so hard at times. I just miss so much about mine also, i miss her charm and her grace and her way about her, she always smiled and hugged me no matter how  much pain etc she was in and she was in a lot of pain the last few years of her life believe me.

HUGS

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to my Mom, she went to the hospital for something minor (we thought) and was gone within a couple days. The night she was admitted was the last time she was herself. I wish I would have known what was happening at the time. After that, she was never herself again and then 2 days later she was gone. I hate all her doctors. I understand your confusion about not really understanding what happened. I wish there was some way we could all undo what happened. Just know that we all understand how you feel and we're here for you. (((hugs)))

• Members

Angel,

I'm glad to see that you are finally taking steps to move ahead in your life.   Your mother would be proud to see that you are able to go on, in spite of missing her terribly.  To stay stuck in grief forever would surely make them very sad for us.  Good luck in your studies and keep striving to move forward.  Making the effort is the first step.

DianeS

• Members

Ty Diane i appreciate that very much, it has taken me some time to see that it is ok to move forword, but i am trying to.

I think i have found my new normal she passed in June 07 and i cant remember how many months etc its been but thats how long its taken me to find my new normal, every one out will also, it takes patience and for me finding a hubby and a new life with him. Peace to all.

Archived