Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Guilt over treatment of mom

BarbaraAnn

• Members

My mom lived with me for 12 years. She died almost 5 months ago at 83. We had many great years together. But the last few years I became impatient with her and frustrated. She became very clingy and resented any time I spent away from her. It was hard. She became sick about 7 months before she died and was a difficult patient, refusing to get medical care.  Anyway, she died and now I can't think of her without overwhelming heartache guilt for my impatience with her. It's stopping me from grieving I think because I m making myself block it out and not think of her cuz it hurts so much! It's pretty hard too because my whole house, routine and life revolved around her for so long. Not sure what to do!

• Members

Barbara, I can identify with your guilt. I'm sure my dad and your mom know we loved them and did the best we could under very trying circumstances. No one knows what it's like unless they've done it for as long as we did. I think part of it is we were angry our parent was failing and there was nothing we could do.

Come to this thread and read through it. A lot of people have been there.

http://forums.grieving.com/index.php?/topic/8913-loss-of-a-parent-daily-thread/&page=1

7 hours ago, BarbaraAnn said:

My mom lived with me for 12 years. She died almost 5 months ago at 83. We had many great years together. But the last few years I became impatient with her and frustrated. She became very clingy and resented any time I spent away from her. It was hard. She became sick about 7 months before she died and was a difficult patient, refusing to get medical care.  Anyway, she died and now I can't think of her without overwhelming heartache guilt for my impatience with her. It's stopping me from grieving I think because I m making myself block it out and not think of her cuz it hurts so much! It's pretty hard too because my whole house, routine and life revolved around her for so long. Not sure what to do!

• Members

I LOST MY MOM FEW DAYS BACK AND SHE WAS THE ONLY SUPPORT I HAD IN MY FAMILY I FEEL VERY SAD AND MISS HER A LOT...WHEN I WAS RETURNING FROM MY COUNTRY I MET WITH A SMALL ACCIDENT AT HOME IS IT THAT I AM A SINNER OR WRONG ON LEAVING MY HOME AND RETURNING ABROAD WHERE I WORK. CAN SOME ONE PLS ADVICE ME:mellow:

Archived