Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

7 years today

heartbrokendad

• Members
heartbrokendad

I cant believe its been 7 years today since  my daughter Carrie Ann died. I still hear her voice when I think of her calls to me. I would pick up the phone, and hear her beautiful voice saying "hi dad"  Then 8 months after that day, her brother, my son Matthew died also.

LIfe sucks pretty bad.

• Members

[user=6689]heartbrokendad[/user] wrote:

I cant believe its been 7 years today since  my daughter Carrie Ann died. I still hear her voice when I think of her calls to me. I would pick up the phone, and hear her beautiful voice saying "hi dad"  Then 8 months after that day, her brother, my son Matthew died also.

LIfe sucks pretty bad.

Hello HeartbrokenDad.

I am so very sorry for your profound loss.  To be missing Two beautiful precious children is truly a heartbreak.

On this, Carrie Ann's angelday I wish you beautiful memories of her  sweet voice and her love. 

I know that Carrie Ann and Matthew were loved and cherished while they were with you and how you miss them. I lost my only child, Stephen 2 &1/2 years ago.  I understand about hearing the voice and how precious and bittersweet that is. 

Please join us on Loss of an Adult Child Board as there are many parents there who understand and who share their  strength daily. 

It really helps to know we are not alone.

THINKING OF  your very precious daughter Carie Ann

Betty

Stephen'smom

• Members

HEartbrokendad,

I remember you from some time ago, and seeing your name today brought back many memories of your Children. My thoughts are with you as you face this day with such a heavy heart. May you find some kind of message from your Carrie and Matt, feeling them around you as you find your way through.

Dee

• Members

Brokenhearted Dad

My thoughts and prayers are with you that you find some peace knowing all of us here have experienced a loss also.  I shake my head at the thought of lossing two children.

There are two others who post here that have also lost 2 children - you are not alone in your grief.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members
heartbrokendad

Thanks Colleen, I know I can always find people on here who know what its like to lose a child, and who can understand the grief that I feel.

• Members

[user=6689]heartbrokendad[/user] wrote:

LIfe sucks pretty bad.

I remember seeing your name when I stumbled here almost 3 yrs ago.  I know there is not one thing in this world that would ease the pain of losing your children.  Best I can offer is that they are together, and you have so many here that get it.  The love never dies, the journey never ends.....

• Members

Thinking of you today and sending prayers that Carrie Ann and also her loving brother, Matt, will send you love and strength...losing a child is profound...I can't think of a word that describes accurately, and can even less think of a word that would describe the loss of TWO beautiful children...there are none.

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Hi heartbroken dad....Yeah your right life does Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking that today...... I have so much to be thankful for but losing a child takes away you.......I was going to post today as I was feeling sorry for myself as usual....and life is going on....and our kids aren't...................and I hate always asking why???????????? It is unreal sureal; and like you I was thinking about my son on my walk yesterday how much I miss his hugs and saying come here Mama Gama; give your son and hug and a kiss....and this was when he was 16;  never got to live to be 17......yeah feeling sad everyday..................Just from all the posts you have recieved you know you and I know I am not alone; IT JUST FEELS LIKE IT; AND AGAIN IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blessings to everyone and sorry to post and be negative but that's where I am Today and yesterday....................................Missing my boy.......;Cindy; Tanner Mom;

• Members
heartbrokendad

Hi,

I'm sorry for your lose, I know the feeling your describing all to well. I can hear their voices any time I want to listen. I can hear them say hi dad, as plain as if they were

standing there with me.

No need to feel sorry for how you feel, we have the right to feel sorry for ourselves, believe me.

• Members

OMG...hello, Heartbrokendad! I am right here thinking of you! Please know that I think of you often. You were so much support to me when I lost my Drew last year. It will be 1 year on the 13th and every day is difficult for our family. I have moved from Boston to VA and seem to be in better spirits. But, I will never be the same...just like everyone on this forum, it takes so much from you! I hope you are doing well. I hope Cambridge is keeping you warm on this anniversary. If you ever need to talk, vent, cry...please call me or email me. I will never forget how wonderful you were to me on the phone last summer, when I called you. Thank you so much! Please know that you are in my thoughts! Drewsmom (Mary)

Archived